Thursday, December 30, 2010

christmas 2010

 ....Eventually the little stinker butt did get out of bed (see previous post)...and when he did, he really enjoyed christmas!!  


He loved all his presents. Santa brought him a bicycle with training wheels. He's working on the pedaling part...but he is doing really well. My favorite part of opening presents was when he opened up the Moon Dough...he scream..."oh Moon Dough, I've been wanting this!" And he has. He's TWO! Commercials do wonders i tell ya! He also got Uno Moo, Jungle Animals, Blocks, Jumping Monkeys (game), Pajamas, and more.

I forgot to mention Christmas Eve. The whole fam came over for dinner and the traditional pajama presents. With the addition of so many grandchildren, the tradition has shifted from us to the kids. The kids now get pajamas. And we get....to watch!  



that face is priceless
I parted with my beloved American Doll, Samantha. My niece Kennedy has been begging her mom for one, but they are so expensive. Since Matix had her name for giftgiving...we decided to give her my old doll from when i was a girl. You should have seen how excited she was over it. It made me feel so good to give something i once loved as a little girl to someone who will love her just the same. She carried her around all day.

Christmas day, Matix was at his dad's house getting MORE presents from Santa from 10am-5pm. Then he came home and we headed over to the Tesoro's house to see our second family. Zach and Steph made a surprise trip from california for the holidays! i was so excited to see them!!




The worst thing about Christmas is that it's over just like that. I love love love the season of warmth. and boots. and presents. and giving. and parties. and food. and christmas music. and christmas movies. and shopping. and family. and scarves. and the nativity. and fudge. Man, do i love me some fudge.

and then...just like that it's over. The trees go down. the christmas music stops. and then my heart gets sad. It's the most wonderful time of the year...and i wish it lasted so much longer! 

1 comment:

Ed and Cathy Torrance said...

Ashley, tell your mom I've got American girl clothes patterns, she can sew for Samantha (for Kennedy). My granddaughter Cami is really into American Girls too!