Monday, September 12, 2011

quality time.

 This weekend was a good one. A really good one. 
It's no secret that this summer has kept us really busy. 
Really, really busy. 
And I loved every second of it. 
But this weekend was a different kind of love. 
That simple, perfect, love.

My parents went out of town. 
So it was just me and Matix for the most part.
All my attention was on him. All weekend long. That hardly ever happens.


we cooked breakfast together. matix requested blue and green eggs. and then changed his mind and wanted my french toast. we played catch. and watched movies. lot of movies. mostly at night. and we cleaned. matix took care of the tub. i did everything else. and then we went to the museum to see the dinosaurs. just the two of us. and went to h&m to buy him new clothes. and he couldn't have been happier. and i couldn't have gone more crazy watching my little boy run around the store in his underwear as i tried to get him to try on clothes. (who knew that he wears size 1-2 in h&m size pants. weird.) and we watched it rain from the window. and listened for the thunder. and we talked to our favorite california boy. and convinced him to take us to disneyland. and we danced at our favorite friends' wedding, and he fell asleep in my arms. (while dancing). and we did homework. matix successfully wrote his own name all.by.himself! i'm such a proud mama. and he even got to go to church with me....and my bishop made a special nursery class just.for.him. his wife taught the class. and even brought snacks! you should have seen the look on matix's face when he found out there was a nursery at his mom's church. that smile was from ear to ear.


It was so nice not rushing from place to place. Or living out of a suitcase.
Don't get me wrong, I love traveling.
But it was just a fun, nice, relaxing weekend hanging out with my favorite little boy.
He is such a cute little character.
And I'm so glad he's mine.
One morning he woke up and grabbed a picture of us and shows it to me and says...
"Mom, you are my family. And I miss you so much when I'm gone."
Melts my heart.
He then proceeds to tell me that he likes me more than his dad, because I have "better hair."
Yep, that was a direct quote. haha.

Here's to many more of the simple weekends that make it all worth it. <3

No comments: