Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Music is my Boyfriend.

I mean--I've always been quite the concert-goer, but lately it's been a little excessive. I don't know if Vegas has just been going crazy with rad concerts or if my job just makes me hear about them, but either way...I'm not sad about it. 
Let's recap, shall we? 

MILEY CYRUS
My super cool boss's wife won tickets to the Bangerz tour, and after a little research and a lot of convincing (on my end), they decided that it wasn't the best place for them to go and that I'd have a lot more fun! They were right. That ish was crazy! 
First her giant face appeared. Then out popped the tongue. Then she slid down said tongue in some sparkly not-clothes. Then the bed happened and things got really awkward. Next was an inflatable 40' dog and a gold Tonka truck. I think I got high from all the second-hand weed smoke, and I realized I never want girls because they too wear not-clothes, even in middle school. As if things couldn't get any more outrageously strange.... Miley left on a giant hot dog and we sang the last three songs at the top of our lungs. 
Never would have paid. I may have felt a little dirty. But I had a lotta bit of fun!


NEW POLITICS//MARY LAMBERT//YOUNGBLOOD HAWK
Pet-a-Palooza
It's not very often that I get to go to a concert with baby boy. Well a family friendly pet event changed that. And let's just say, that he wasn't a bad little sidekick.  At least until his cousins showed up. Then he only cared about the slides and not so much the music. 
THE 1975 // THE NAKED AND FAMOUS
Not super into either of these bands before.  Can't stop listening after. I just knew a couple songs and now I can't turn them off. Especially The 1975. Great show. Great friends. And my first time at the new Brooklyn Bowl at the Linq. Such a rad place. We wandered around a bit before the show and now I can't wait to go back and ride it! 



Also...I don't know those people. Thank you Polaroid worker. 


LORDE
So stoked to see her. Love her music. Love her weird voodoo spells. Somehow it all just worked. 







BLONDFIRE//THE SOUNDS
Best of all the concerts. Mostly because I love The Sounds and have for years and  Maja is literally insane. And I LOVED. IT. SO. MUCH. And all my best girls came. And Natalie came. and it was the best. And Blondfire was even so so so good. And now I'm basically obsessed with them too and even bought a shirt and want to wear it everyday. Except that it's white so if i do it will get ruined. So I don't. 







The Used // Taking Back Sunday
The last time I went to Xtreme Thing at Desert Breeze was...I don't even remember. But I do remember that I saw Reel Big Fish and it was foreverrrr ago. I felt a little bit out of place with the gothic, tattoo covered 17 year olds and 40 year olds...but hey...some of us moved on from that phase, and some of us didn't. But going back to it for  night was so much fun!! Mosh pits and crowd surfing ish are definitely not my thing anymore, but it was fun to go back to being young and wild and free again!! Both bands played their old stuff for the most part, which is proof that their music was solid back in the day and that they should just keep the memories alive and stop making new music. It's just not as good, ya know? But their old stuff. yes. Yes. YES. (Especially TBS) I will love it til the day I day. And the memories they bring back, are oh so sweet. 
Here's to:
"Hoping for the best, just hoping nothing happens. A thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins." 




Oh and just kidding. Music isn't my boyfriend. This bearded boy is. Best friend turned boyfriend and it's just too good. Oh and concerts are just funner with him so maybe that's why I all of a sudden go more :)

No comments: