Friday, September 26, 2014

Nile River Explorers Camp

One of the best recommendations we got from my friend's friend was NRE. She emailed me the link--and seriously it's what brought our trip full circle. I knew I wanted to go rafting and I knew we wanted to volunteer somehow as well. Imagine my excitement when I found out that we could volunteer right there in Jinja, through a company called Soft Power Education that would pick us up right from the camp! It was too perfect!

After rafting, they took us to the river camp. We got a free night's stay with the purchase of rafting (which was only $125), and how could we say no? This place was unreal! It was a little home away from home for backpackers right there on the Nile! You could choose from dorms, private rooms, tents, etc. The view was amazing. The atmosphere was fun. There was free wi-fi. A restaurant. Massive slides into the Nile. Every night was a mini-party with music, and wi-fi users with new friends from around the world--in other words, it was perfect. In fact, they even do yoga classes at sunset--which we participated in one night. So cool right? I could go on and on about how amazing it was...or you could just see for yourself.
Isn't it just B E A U T I F U L! I just wanted to sit outside forever and just enjoy the view. But I was in Africa! And gosh dang it, and there was so much to do in so little time.

If you're thinking of going to Uganda-NRE is definitely highly recommended. It makes a "go by yourself" trip totally possible!

No comments: