Monday, September 15, 2008

vacations vacations

lately me and matix have been taking a lot of little vacations with my family. unfortunately jon has to work on weekends so he cant come. it makes me sad. but that's life i guess. anyways we've been having lots of fun!!

labor day weekend we went to our cabin up at brian head. my dad recently got a new luxury speedracer car and there's a no carseats rule...well i guess matix is the exception..cuz we got to ride in it. ha. however..i will be okay if i never have to ride in it with my dad driving again..because apparently it "doesnt matter if you cant see around the curves of the rode to pass in a double yellow zone, if you can go 0-60 in 4 seconds." i was scared for my life and my moms only response was "just close your eyes. your father will never hurt his most prized possession"..not us..the car!!

matix playing in his new toy we just set up at the cabin. he loves it!!

ready for his first 4wheel ride. ha. jk maybe next year :)

we went to the parowan city fair. here's us with my nephew ethan.

the grandkids beating up gramps.

-
last weekend we went to arizona for one of my favorite cousin mary's wedding. it has been such a long time since we have seen that side of the family so it was a lot of fun to sit and visit and catch up on each others lives. not to mention its a nice break to go out of town with my parents because they dont get to see matix as much as theyd like so they take very good care of him for me. he even slept in their room with them!! gotta love the grandparents :)


i also had vals birthday a few weekends back. probably one of the funnest nights i have in a long time. best friends. dinner. dancing. and the kind of hyperness we havent shared in probably 2 years. sometimes i hate the realization that we're all growing up and have busy lives. i miss the old days...where life was all about nightly hang outs.

1 comment:

Daniel & Valerie said...

Ok why is Ethan growing up so much! He is so freaking cute! But not as cute as your teddy bear!! Im just going to steal these pics and you can do the same I will post some more k