Monday, January 10, 2011

all eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a....

CIRCUS!!

I loved my last circus experience so much.... {yes, britney spears counts.} that I knew I just had to bring Matix when i heard that a circus was coming to town! (and it helped that they mailed us discount tickets to my work. Buy 1 get 1 free? I'll take it.)  We invited grandma and Kelli & Dylan along and made it a little boy night. The two boys love love love Panda Express, so we went there for dinner. Then we headed down to The Orleans Arena just in time for the "pre-show" to start. They let the kids walk the floor of the circus, and do all sorts of things like...ride a pony, ride an ELEPHANT, face painting, hold a snake, jump in the bouncy house, etc. Matix was stoked on the elephant rides, so that's just what we did. Luckily, he cried right as he was about to be put on the elephant (because he wanted to pick the elephant he rode on, not because he was scared). I say luckily, because the attendant thought he was just scared, so he let me ride with him for free! Score. I was actually super stoked! Who get's to just up and ride a circus elephant? and for free? umm...that would be me. Thank you very much, Matix. I owe ya one. ;) Oh wait, no i don't because right after we rode the elephant, he decided he wanted "ice cream" (also known as cotton candy) and I'm a sucker for a super sweet 2-year-old, and bought it for him. You're welcome, Matix. Now we're even. 

We all really enjoyed the circus, besides the fact that we were there for FOUR AND A HALF HOURS! I guess we got our money's worth, right? But dude...we were all pretty "circus-ed" out by the end. Except for the elephant part. I could have watched those elephants all night long. Why didn't anyone tell me that elephants were so freaking awesome???? I am their newest, biggest fan. 
Seriously. 









see...awesome.
they are making the exact same face...so cute.

see...double awesome.
Oh and these motorcycle guys... ya, one of them is not doing so well. He fell. Bad. And it was probably one of the scariest moments of my life. So awkward when the whole room goes quiet. And the lights turn on. And every circus worker runs out to help. And when I say awkward...I actually really meant horrible. It was horrible. But then they told us he was okay and was just going to the hospital to get "checked out." And by "okay" I'm sure they meant "not dead," because I'm sure about a million of his bones are broken after his super heavy motorcycle fell on top of him.... which in my book does not mean "okay." But whatever.

If you ask Matix what his favorite part of the circus was, he will say...
"the guy that felled on his neck. And he felled on his head. And the motorcycled falled on him. And he broke his neck."

Yep, my child is evil. 

(i have it on video to prove it...i will add it when i get a chance)

3 comments:

dostew said...

That was Matix's favorite part because it was my favorite part and copied me. And since Matix loves me and everything about me, my favorites are his favorites.

The Black Widow said...

Oh man, I also love elephants. Like alot. They are awesome. One time I thought about kidnapping a baby elephant, but it wouldn't fit into my suitcase.

Emily said...

what a FUN night! and what a crazy thing to see the mortocycle guy crash... yikes!!