Thursday, January 27, 2011

date night: frank sinatra edition

Limo Drivers and Taxi Cab Drivers get free tickets to different shows here in town.
Every month it's a different show but the last two months were nudey shows. 
We passed, obviously.
But this month it was the new Sinatra: Dance With Me Show at the Wynn. 
I probably never would have paid to go see it...
but I'm really glad we got to put on our pretty clothes, and go!
I felt like I was at a Broadway show in NYC. 
(Most of the dancers have been on Broadway, and won awards of all types (like Tony Awards)
and it was choreographed by Twyla Tharp...apparently she is a legend in the dance world. 
Her resume was basically the entire program.)
Anyways, back to the show. It was great. And entertaining. And them peeps can dance. Seriously.
And they ended with "New York" and I was smiling because I really thought I was in New York.
And then it was over and I remembered I was till in Vegas. :(  
Those little tricksters. 

If you get the chance to go (for free) do it.
And Frank Sinatra has a voice of an angel.
I was surprised at how many of his songs i know, and love. 
(I totally remember when he died)
And thank you boyfriend for taking me on a fun date!

Isn't my boyfriend the best? And handsome?
Yep, I agree.

He met the ex-husband yesterday. eeeeek.
And there were no swear words said or punches thrown.
So I'd say it was a success. 
I'm just kidding. It actually went really well, and they both said it wasn't awkward.
Yippppppppeeeee.

Oh and on a sidenote:
here's what i woke up to this morning.
melts your heart, doesn't it?

Doug is watching Matix today because he is sick.
And Jon's family is all sick too. 
So he picked him up yesterday (hence the meeting mentioned above)
and has been entertaining him ever since.
Sleepover included.

{sigh}

2 comments:

Kim Marx said...

A.S.H.L.E.Y. - So I'm riding around with Jenn shopping today and say to her "there's a new show at the Encore I want to go to. It's dancers to Frank Sinatra songs,and they have a live band..." She told me to go read your blog. Hook an Aunt up. It's the least you could do since you didn't get through to KLUC for tickets to Usher Usher Usher for me.

JMay said...

Oh my gosh, that picture is so so sweet! Lucky girl :-)