Saturday, July 19, 2008

2 months later...

Our little matix is now 2 months old. i cant believe how big he is getting. Almost doubling in size since the day he was born, at a whopping 12 1/2 pounds. yesterday...on the radio a woman called in who delivered a 13 1/2 pund baby..naturally!!! now that's crazy talk! There's no way this little man could fit back inside of me. In fact..I don't think he can grow anymore or hauling around his carseat will be impossible for me. Anyways I've been meaning to create a blog since before my life got busy with a baby...and it never happened...I'm going to recap the last few months of our new life with a baby!

My baby Shower
Saturday April 5th

thanks to everyone who came!! and especially kelli for all her hard work. it was wonderful :)

The BIG day
Sunday May 18th

luckily 10 days before my due date, Dr. Paul allowed me to be induced since he was going out of town the next week. Hooray...9 months is finally over!
Say goodbye to the belly!

Jon (and his mom) really took care of me :)

After an hour of pushing he is finally here :)


Matix Dean Mason
Sunday May 18, 2008
4:57 pm
6 lbs. 12 oz. 19 1/2 inches


Blessing
Sunday June 8th





Our First Family Pictures
June 11th










California
June 16th-24th

Darci and her wonderful family invited us to go camping on the beach in carlsbad california. i was a little nervous about bringing a one month old baby to sleep in tents on the beach for a week..but hey..its worth a try right? :) anyways we packed up all three cars and were off monday morning early.

matix lounging on the beach!
jon was so excited to surf. apparently it was a dream of his and he knew he would just love it...well it turns out its just way too much work and boogie boarding is a lot more fun!
jon and darcis daughter, madeline
me and darc
boogie boarding!

the fam!
matix and maddie
so it turns out that one of my good friend brittany and her husband will live in camp pendleton, which is only about 7 min away from where we were camping. it was so fun to see them and finally see their little guy keegan, who we havent seen since the day he was born, in the hospital. (he is now 10 months!) jon and keegs clicked instantly.he cant wait for matix to able to do "cool" things like keegan. apparently matix's daily routine of eating, sleeping, pooping, and the occasional smiles just arent cutting it. although i have no complaints..especially after lifting keegan!! im perfectly content with him staying little forever. anyways, so it turns out that sleeping in a tent wasnt as bad as i thought, however it was nice to sleep in a bed every other night, courtesy of the cushenberrys :) and get matix out of the heat, since he started getting a little bit of a heat rash. on friday britt decided we should go to disneyland since its pretty much our favorite place ever...and since she got us free tickets..how could we resist? it was so fun and matix even got to go on quite a few rides! hes so spoiled...


matix all comfy in britts bed
britt and keeegan
splash mountain
us on the haunted mansion ride :)

my 22nd birthday
july 13th

for my birthday a bunch of my friends got together and we all went to olive garden and bowling. its always fun to have an excuse to get together..since its so hard to coordinate everyone hanging out. im glad my friends were all able to come :)





i knwo youre jealous of my awesome purple shoes and ball that jons grandparents bought me. oh yes theyre all mine :)






part 2 of my birthday consisted of me and jon going out with some of my friends i haven't been able to hang out with for a long time. we went to blue martini and planet hollywood. it was fun to feel young and go out late...thanks to little cana for babysitting. ( i used to babysit her now shes babysitting for me..crazyy!!)




meeting jaxson james rosequist
july 14th

my cousin litany had a baby boy on the fourth of july. let me tell you i did not realize how big matix was until seeing how little jaxson was compared to him. its amazing how much they grow so quickly!!


so here we are..2 months later. a lot has happened huh? being a mom is can be rough at times but i wouldnt change him for the world. sometimes i still wonder if he's really mine...cuz he's just so dang cute!

3 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

He's grown so much:) Cute blog. I'm glad you finally posted.

Rebekah Mills said...

cute blog. He is getting so big!

D'On Marx said...

He sure is a cutie! And you look great!