Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Last day of class....


It should be an exciting day...right? everything is done, except for two little tests online that i need to do before next week, but im really not worried. I even got brave and wore a skirt (that i bought yesterday) and it was fun. (i dont often wear skirts because my legs are pastey... even more than the rest of me.) anyways, everything went great UNTIL my friend amanda talked me into questioning my schedule for the fall, so i decided to go make sure that everything would be fine for graduating in December. Well it was a good/bad thing i went. The good news is that there was a problem. the bad news was, if i hadnt mentioned it, i probably could have gotten away without ever taking any of the core journalism classes (like 1st amendment and media and society...you know the boring yet super hard ones) key word is probably... with my luck im sure they would have made me stay one more semester but the counselor claimed that wouldn't have been the case. Well after a very heated argument between my counselor and the journalism chair (with cussing and everything.. it was quite awkward) it was overruled that I have to take every single HARD class in the jms school next semester, and instead of having to go to unlv two days a week all day (which i was previously complaining about) i now get to go basically ALL day, 4 days a week. what the freak. MW 1130-215/TH 1030-345 plus an online class. and im doing 10 credits this summer. (i thought i could survive all my college years with never doing summer school, apparently not.) how the heck am i going to work? and get insurance? and have any money ever? and basically survive? i dont even want to freaking graduate anymore. i seriously do NOT know what to do. i am so upset. that's all.


on a positive note...baskin robbins 31 cent scoop night is tonight. (didnt it used to be FREE scoop night?? i guess we are in a recession...) it was yummy!

4 comments:

Kara said...

That sucks. I'm sure you'll figure it all out. Good luck!

Kelli said...

Haha! Now your life can suck like mine. . . at least for a little while longer! Just kidding. But I am also a little pissed that I wasn't invited to ice cream night either. . .

Jer and Steph said...

Yeah! Now you can come and help me decorate the big princess room! And help me figure out what we are going to do with the Babies' room.

Laura Larson said...

all of this pre-graduation drama is fairly typical. it happened to me and almost everyone i know. universities make you jump through hoops just to make sure you can make it in the real world. either that, or they're just unorganized and never on the same page...anyway, good luck with all of that. graduating is a major accomplishment and SO satisfying.

p.s. have fun at that party tonight. you know which one i'm talking about ;)