Thursday, April 23, 2009

poor baby..


Last night was quite the night. We were all ready for bed, and me, my dad, and matix were just playing togther on the couch watching the italian job. It was our first night without daddy.(sadface) he went to texas for the summer. but thats a whole other post.

anyways so as we were playing, matix fell flat off the couch onto his back. of course it hurt and i felt bad, but let's be honest, he's an 11month old child who is almost walking. he falls quite often, so i really thought nothing of it, that is until he puked ALL OVER ME while i was still comforting him. eww eww eww. so i clean it all up, and try to put him to bed when BAM all over his crib. you get the point. anyways, after 8 times throwing up in 2 hours i really was freaking out! My poor baby boy. and not only was he throwing up, he turned supppper pale, and he was exhausted. his eyes kept rolling back in his head as he was trying so hard to fall asleep, and would just puke again. it was horrible. After getting advice from a mother, friend, 2 nurses, and a pediatrician, off to the hospital we went. thanks megs for coming with us so some of my family could be sane today,with work, school, and a cousin coming to stay the night last night. luckily we were the only patient in the waiting room at spring valley hospital.(amazing right?) we were in with in 5 minutes. and the whole process was about 2.5 hours. they took a ct scan and luckily everything was fine.

i still do not get why he was acting sooo strange becasue he had all the symtoms of a serious concussion, yet there was nothing really wrong. i am soo glad. but its still kinda weird. now hes just cranky and tired. but smiley and normal! im so grateful. i love my baby boy.

3 comments:

Kristi H. said...

That is SCARY! But I'm glad he's ok.. you're a good mom!

Kelli said...

I'm glad that you took him in. . . I asked Amanda and she said that you can't see a concussion with a CT scan. . . so he probably really did have one. I'm glad he's okay though. Guess who hit his head the very next day? Little boys are trouble I tell you.

Rebekah Mills said...

I glad he's ok. Poor guy!