Monday, September 27, 2010

"i killed MUFASA"

yep...that is exactly what my child SCREAMED at the top of his lungs during the final scene of "Disney's: The Lion King" which we saw at the Mandalay Bay on Thursday night. Everyone surrounding us stared and laughed but it was beyond cute.

To say that Matix LOVES the Lion King, would be an understatement. The kid is OBSESSED! (as i've mentioned before) He would watch it all day everyday if i let him. It's always his number one request (although he recently has moved on to a few other likes as well) He used to only let me listen to lion king songs in my car. I got really sick of Hakuna Matata and the Circle of Life. He pretends he is a lion every day. Some days it's Scar. Some days it's Mufasa, and some days it's Simba. He always picks a lion for me or my mom to be as well. And he sometimes makes me walk down the hallway on all fours pretending to be a lion. See what i mean? OBSESSED!

So every time we see a sign for the LK, matix gets so excited. I've been really wanting to take him...however, they don't have children tickets so all tickets are priced very expensive...(like around $100...way to much to take a 2 year old, even one with this much of an obsession) So, you can only imagine how excited I was when i found out from a friend that you can get 2 Seat Filler Tickets for $25.00 each on the day of the show, with a student ID! (yesssss, i still have my UNLV ID, it comes in handy...and  doug has his BYU-H and we convinced my bro to head down there too)...so we go 6 tickets!! and off we went! (mom, dad, doug, me, matix, cana)

-He loved the beginning/all the animals
-He asked "Can I touch it???" the WHOLE time! (he wanted to touch the animals)
-He loved the show but it was a little long for him. By the end he asked to go home and go to bed.
-He screamed "I killed Mufasa" at the end.
-He sang most all of the songs. (They included quite a few songs from the movie LK 2, which also plays on repeat in our home...his favorite line is the 'o-o-iyo' line, which he sang at the top of his lungs)
-When Simba leaves pride rock and timon and pumbaa find him almost dead, matix yells..."he looks like a hot dog" i almost died, but he kinda did...brown on top and bottom...yellow in the middle?
-Candy helped keep him entertained while watching!

Overall I'm really glad we went. The show was really good. The costumes were amazing. and it was really fun to see matix so excited! I know this LK phase won't last forever..so I'm glad we took him right at the peak of it, even though he still is probably a little young to fully enjoy it :)





1 comment:

TOAD said...

Im really happy you got to go finally. I knew you would love it. Sad I missed out on Matix yelling. Would have loved to sing along with him. oh well