Wednesday, November 11, 2009

camera issues.


so my camera broke. it was horrible. my sister took a picture of us and then bam it died. only it literally died, not like the battery died. It didnt even suck in the lens. i thought the battery was bad so i took it to the store to see if it was... but it wasnt. i am sad.

now onto the real issue. normally i would just go buy a new one because it is a necessity. duh. {anyone who knows me, knows that i am very camera happy and have that sucker anytime any place.} you cannot live without a camera. especially with a little boy who is about to be 18 months next week :) and a vacation to california coming up this weekend. and thanksgiving around the corner. and...christmas. my most favoritest time of the year. it's a sin to think of going through these next few months without a beloved camera. am i right or am i right??

that's what i thought.

well now that i am married. and i have a husband who has an opinion about our financial decisions...i was put right back in my place. {this marriage stuff all of a sudden became so not fun} he claims that a camera is not a necessity nor a want in his opinions. {say what??} he is ridiculous. {yet a new rifle apparently is a need? men. i tell ya...} so my solution..i will get a camera for christmas and you will not be allowed to be in any pictures. {i'm a brat..but really he's the brat for thinking a camera is not important} i mean i know it's not needed for survival but it is pretty dang important. especially to mothers.

anyways the argument dissolved the past few days and i went about my daily activities staring at my stupid broken camera whose lens isnt even sucked in {that may or may not have been conveniently placed on the bathroom counter to haunt us both....}

and then today jon called me and told me i could go ahead and buy a new camera. i was shocked. speechless. and curious.

apparently my dad talked some sense into him?? i dont get it. he's a man too so i have no idea what was said but who freaking cares.

hallelujah!!

so i compromised and shipped it off to canon to get repaired for a cheaper price.

oh.the.married.life.
i think things will work out fine if jon continues to see things the right way. aka my way :)

okay not really but i am so excited!! thanks babe!!

2 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

Oh, so you have time to blog but not to call me? Whatever.

Emily said...

k, so let me just say that I don't tend to want a lot of things... BUT, being a mom of 2 little boys, I have to say that a camera is a big time NEED!! It's a good thing Jon got some sense talked into him or else I might have to do it myself!!