Friday, November 20, 2009

why do i hate grouchy old men you ask?

ohhhh let me tell you.


me and the bestie tres were having our daily discussion full of gossip, life, and boys (in her case, obviously)
somehow it came up that in our daily excursions we were both going to be finding ourselves at the post office later...
so we decide to make a date out of it and go together. precious, i know.
she has recently found herself as a personal assistant to the lia sophia queen. {no really.} and she needed to mail a trash bag of clothes. how do you even mail something that big? i have no clue.
so she bought a big box and target and to the post office we go. {me with a stack of certifieds in had for the office}
of course we made it there at umm 2:30. prime post office time so of course there was a long line.
oh well we're on a date and we're just having a blast. texting random boys who apparently are "5'9 and super fine." {i cant make these things up}
we go about our business and get helped.
i take forever because i have a million certifieds to send.
and tres takes a little less than forever because there was no labels to address her target box in line so she has to do it while mister post office man finishes taping up her ginormous box of clothes and ringing her up.
no big deal right? seems like a typical post office experience.
most often they are less-than-ideal im sure everyone can agree.
except we maybe held up the line a little longer than normal, but really? not our fault.
we laugh at the fact that the line has now made it out the door and we somewhat felt responsible. oops.
well as we were saying our goodbyes out front, an old man {when i say old i mean 60-70 years old} rampaged us.
yes. you heard me right.
he ran right up to tres and got in her face {like she could smell his breath} yelling at her.
saying, {and i quote}
"i cant believe that you would come to the post office in the middle of the day trying to mail and package that big and not even have the address pre-written. you are a selfish self-centered little bleep. and who do you think you are using MY tape that i pay for with MY tax dollars. i cant believe peolpe like you..."

and he continued for a good three minutes... i kid you not.

tres stared at him in disbelief.

I {being the vocal person I am} was soooo pissed that this was even happening right now.
that the word vomit of pissiness just slipped right out of me and i started yelling back.
yes i made a scene.
i told him {i mean screamed back at him} that we pay taxes too and so that tape is just as rightfully ours to use. and it was not our fault that the labels weren't out for us to use. and if you dont wanna wait in line dont come to the post office at 2:30 in the afternoon. and we waited our turn in line just like everyone else so we deserved to be helped just like anyone else...however that may be. and we didnt do anything wrong and he needs to get the hell away from my friend and go back to where he came from. ugghhh i was so mad. im sure there was more....but you get the jist.

he flips me of while still yelling at me and then he finishes the scream-fest with "it's not my fault that you were born ugly."

holy heck. did he really just say that? yes why yes he did.
i mean i know i didn't look good yesterday but really mister grouchy post office man. your argument was so weak that you felt like you need to insult my looks???

i am fuming by now if you didnt already guess.
so what did i do? the super real mature thing and stand in front of his car and continue yelling at him so he couldnt leave. yep i did. he pulled out a badge. pretending that he was a cop. but he wasnt. and i put my hands up so he could arrest me.

people, i was pissed. I am still pissed.

but my question now is...why do old people {or people in general, really} think that they can be so freaking rude??? i just dont get it...

and i know i was wrong for reacting how i did. {props to tres for staying cool} but i just could not contain myself.
all stupid grouchy mean people should just DIE!

2 comments:

The Harrisons said...

I can't believe that!! I HATE rude people!!! I totally would have done the same thing. I have such a hard time keeping my cool when someone is that rude!! That is kinda funny though!

Emily said...

so this totally made me laugh, and I had to call ashley right after i read it!!