Friday, December 12, 2014

28th Birthday

TWENTY-EIGHT.
Man, that sounds old. Like really old. AM I really 28 years old? Wow. This can't be real. But alas it is. Sometimes I get really bummed that I'm not married and that Matix doesn't have the siblings that he wants so badly and that our life is a little bit crazy. But then sometime I feel really lucky that I am where I am and that I get to do some of the awesome things that I get to do. In the grand scheme of things--these 5 years as a single mama will one day seem like a short period of time. But in the meantime, {let's hope they don't last 5 more} and take full advantage of these simpler times that are filled with fun activities and unforgettable trips...just him & I. These really have been some of the hardest times of my life and also the most rewarding. I've done a lot in my 28 years--and even though sometimes I wish things went my way a little bit more--I'm definitely proud of where I am today. :)

28th Birthday Recap: 

FRIDAY: My birthday weekend started out quite ordinary. A couple parties. A couple friends. BUT it turned out to be so much more. My favorite friend, BC caught a last minute ride from Denver>LV from some friends going to a convention here/and to celebrate my birthday with me! I picked him and a friend up last minute and headed to my friend Tanner's for a hot tub night..where I was SURPRISED my my bestie Brynn who took a GREYHOUND from SLC>LV specifically to spend the weekend with me. I felt so loved and could not stop smiling. We hot tubbed and then headed downtown for late night dancing at Commonwealth. (PS; BC forgot his ID and Matt (my EX) loaned him his ID and it totally worked! Totally Awkward? And totally cool of Matt)

SATURDAY: Saturday night was my big party that Allison helped put together for me! Devin and Brad graciously offered their house and I made the playlist since I was still on a Mashup kick since I had so much fun dancing my butt of in LA the weekend before. (Not everyone enjoyed it, but I sure loved it) I love any excuse to have all my friends come together and dance and catch up! So Fun!

BIRTHDAY (SUNDAY): The morning of my actual birthday I was surprised with breakfast in bed. Toaster Strudels, my favorite. Actually, our favorite. Complete with fristing and artwork. Then was church. Then was cake. Then was an adventure with BC filled with photos. Lots of photos. Then I picked up my friend Scott (who was also in town), went to a game night and called it a night.

POST BIRTHDAY FUN: Lunch with Kelshmell & Dinner with my married friends from high school :) 
 


No comments: