Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Huntington Does It Better--4th of July

The week after I got home from Africa was rough to say the least. I felt very removed from my group of friends and was feeling very sensitive about my recent breakup and then the plans I had made with two of my best friends got cancelled while I was gone, without me knowing, and I got in a big fight with a friend and then I got in another big fight with my family and the world was definitely against me and all I wanted was to be back in Africa where I didn't have to deal with anything except for what adventure each day was going to take us on. 

But I decided to take control of my life  (after a few breakdowns) and pick up the pieces and if things weren't going my way--I was going to make them go my way. I decided to go to California on my own. My best friend Margo was excited to have me stay, but then I was randomly texting one of my long time friends whom I just adore and she and her best friend decided to join me last minute and so we booked a hotel and cruised on down to Huntington. 

Surprisingly I had never been to Huntington for the 4th of July. I know, I know. Shocking. But Megan raved about how great it was, and she was totally right. Everyone goes all out and flags are everywhere and you just can't help but be happy. We met up with Margo and Bekah bright and early and walked the few blocks over to the parade. We were handed flags and that's when we knew the day was out to a great start.
Bekah, Margo, Scott, Me
There were so many people in town and so many friends to see. At the top of that list was my dear Sammy and her Provo crew by default. I adore her. 
Joselyn, Sam, Me, Megan, Regan
Later that evening we headed to a huge house party at my friend Alex's house. It was jam packed with people and was so fun seeing some of my old friends. We mingled there for a while before heading back down to the beach to watch the fireworks off the pier. The perfect ending to our day.  
Sam and I again
The next day was Saturday and we just wanted to chill. We slept in, grabbed some breakfast at the Pancake House and headed to the beach to chill for the day. Of course we had a photoshoot in the alley of downtown HB, obviously. 

I ended the weekend dancing into the wee hours of the morning at the coolest Bootie Mashup Dance Party in a warehouse in LA. We put on our best 4th of July gear---I borrowed Meg's pants--and danced our butts off. I had a slight obsession with Bootie Mashups for about a week after that night. We stayed until they closed the doors at 2am and then we went to Roscoe's of course. I may or may not have fallen asleep on the table. No Shame. 


Good thing Megan and Regan got a better night's sleep than I and we able to drive while I snoozed in the back seat all the way home. 
Until next time CA. 

No comments: