Wednesday, December 24, 2014

FIRST GRADER

My little man is OFFICIALLY a FIRST grader. Is he old enough for this? I'm still in disbelief. His school last year closed so we switched locations to Somerset Losee. He is quite proud to be a Losee Lion. It's located on Craig and Losee so it's quite the drive but with my work being located near Town Square--it's not too bad of a commute (all freeway) and it's kind of in the middle for his dad and I. His teacher this year is Ms. Sowers and we have been very impressed with her. Matix has learned so much so far this year. He is becoming quite the little reader--although he still gets frustrated with himself and wishes he could read everything with no struggles. One day little man. Ms. Sowers says Matix excels at comprehension. He can regurgitate any story he's heard and understand so well--I'm not surprised. He's loved book reading since he was a little tot and especially loves more complicated stories. Matix also tells me that the girls in class tease him but his teacher told me it's more of a "crush" tease. All the girls love Matix--he just doesn't quite get it or feel the same way
With me working full time and school being so far he has to go to Lion's Den (Safe Key) 3 days a week after school. So the days are quite long for the little guy. He doesn't love it but he's adjusted well. It's always a treat when grandpa gets off work early and surprises him with an early pick up. My dad sure misses Matix when he's not home. We all do. He's such a loveable little boy. 

No comments: