Friday, September 11, 2009

attack on america.


A few days ago I was going through some boxes of old stuff that has been up in my closet for a few years. I randomly found my old journal that I started in 1996 and ended in 2004. There are a few entries here and there...im a really bad journal writer. This whole blog thing is a lot easier for me to keep up with. Anyways, as I was flipping through I found the entry I made on September 11, 2001. This being the 8 year anniversary of 9/11, I figured Id share what I had written....

"Today one of the most memorable events occurred in history, even worse than Pearl Harbor. Today, whom we possibly believe to be Palestinian men (I think), hijacked four commercial airplanes (2 United and 2 American) and crashed them into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and 1 into an open field in Philadelphia. I believe this is such a tragic event and I think that this event will most likely end in war. Just the thought of that scares me to death. Nobody knows what is gonna become of this. Today is gonna make history. I am scared to know what the future holds. The events occurred all before 9 am eastern time this morning. I can remember listening to the radio on the way from seminary to school and hearing about what had just happened, but not really knowing what was going on. As we got to school, we heard more about the tragedy and in EVERY one of my six classes we either watched the news, listened to the radio, or had a big discussion about it. Among places that all closed down today were Hoover Dam, Las Vegas malls, all flights were cancelled world wide (I think they even said that this was the first time this has ever happened), Disneyland and Disney World closed, post offices, Stratosphere, Eiffel Tower, NY schools, the Latin awards and Emmy awards were both cancelled, all major and minor league baseball games were cancelled, and much more. Right now I am watching the news as I write... President Bush is addressing the nation about the situation. I feel remorse for those whose lives have shattered and I pray for them. I feel lucky that Las Vegas wasn't a target . I think this is a sign of the second coming. I am so scared for what is in store for the future. "

1 comment:

Laura Larson said...

wow. i can't believe it's been 8 years already.

will you post the rest of your journal entries?