Wednesday, June 16, 2010

chinnaaaa

my obsession with china is not a secret
it all started back in 2006 when me and my best friend darci
decided to just go
i had no desire to ever go there, it just happened, and now i am in love

anyways today i got an email for a vacation to Beijing and Shanghai for $799
INCLUDING HOTEL AND AIR
(http://www.travelzoo.com/vacations/asia/831235/?utm_source=top20_us&utm_medium=email_top20)
ummm...ohh my gosh. that is insane and i basically need to go

so if i can convince anyone to go with me...let me know
because china is amazing.
see, ill show you...

by reminiscing down memory lane
circa may 2006

......................................

So pretty much the day we left I was sicker 
than hell and darci was scared of dying so her dad made


me wear this crap..
and off to asia we were.






First Stop...
Incheon/Seoul Korea
 (2 day layover)

Day 1=Baskin Robbins, McDonalds, and Pedicures.
Day 2=Met Pop(cute kid from Thailand), Nanta Cooking Show, Shopping at Doota!!







NANTA!










check out the amazingness of those toilets. bomb.

HANGZHOU, China

Hangzhou is where we stayed in china.
Darcis aunt brooke was studying Chinese at a University there..
So we stayed in her dorms for 6 dollars a nigh. talk about cheap?!

OUR LIVING QUARTERS




WEST LAKE








you dont have to stop for traffic when crossing the street, the cars will just swerve around you




bought best friend shoes for layne



THE YUMMY FOOD



DARCI SEDUCING ME AND BROOKE


Concert: Jordan Chan at club SOS
(equivalent to a chinese Justin Timberlake, awesome)


HAIR WASHING
(washed, dried, styled+massage=$2)

MASSAGES
got them daily, so cheap


visited a BUDDHIST TEMPLE


Our Cute Friend, Peter

Obsession: buying DVD's


SHANGHAI
shopping.
xian yang market. (off brand bargaining)
the bund.
got robbed on the subway
stayed at a cute mormon families house (OT)


went to church inside a members home.

21 hour train ride to
YANGSHOU
only first class passengers


boat ride down the LI RIVER to 
GUILIN
met some mormon girls who lived in wuxi

Scooter Crew






GOING HOME
yes we bought everyhthng in china, basically

the plane ride home

the family welcoming us home



my cute nephew ethan :)


yep, we were there for a month and a half, and im pretty sure i spent less than a grand
and trust me, we bought EVERYTHING.

so who's down to come!?!?!?
:)

2 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

Ohhhhh!!! I want to be there right now!
I LOVE ALL OF THESE PICTURES!
Except I just learned a few things:
1. I think I only had like 2 outfits there, because I have the same things on in every pic.
2. We are lesbians. Seriously. I wonder what all the little asians thought of us!
3. I still have my scooter crew shirt and I think we need to have a twin day and wear them. Or our ugly green and pink shirts. Whatever.

Unknown said...

Um, I love all of these pictures as well. I think they are amazing and it makes me want to go sooo badly! I still have the DVD Darci brought me... even though it is in Chinese. HA!

Miss you both soooo much!