Tuesday, October 25, 2011

officially fall.

Unfortunately living in Vegas, we only get a little taste of fall. 
We don't get the big beautiful trees that change colors.
We don't get too many leaves on the ground.
We hardly have an excuse to wear boots until....December. 
November if we are lucky.
But you bet I have been putting them boots on. 
every. single. day.
And sometimes I even wear a sweater. 
Because it's cold? Not exactly.
I wouldn't exactly call 80 degree weather cold.
But because I love this time of year!!
Just two weeks ago we were on the lake, tubing away. 
And now Halloween is just around the corner. 
Crazy, I tell ya.

In honor of fall...we went to the orchard last weekend! 
We bought pumpkins and ate the yummiest donuts. 
The kids had a blast running around like crazy.
This picture is pretty bad....but it's the only one we got of the 3 of them.

While we were there...we had my best friend Darci take some new family pictures.
Matix was being pretty awful, but there are a couple cute ones that are fun.
Maybe like two or three. (out of 300)
Oh well...such is life with a three year old.
I will show them off one of these days.
Until then I will leave you with this beauty....
It had such potential...too bad we look re.tar.ded. haha
I kinda love it though. Mostly because it's so bad.
And the colors are gorgeous...and so...fall-ish. :)

Anyways, here's what's been going on in our lives:

Matix is still cute as can be. 
He sure does have a cute little personality that I can't get enough of.
He is doing really well in preschool...mostly green cards these days.
He even is the star student this week! Go Matix!
He can write his name super well...I'm impressed.
He is still obsessed with dinosaurs. 
I am waiting for this phase to end.
I am dinosaur-ed out. Seriously.
He is addicted to Netflix. and watching dinosaur movies. Mostly National Geographic type stuff.
The scarier the better--in his opinion (he doesn't love the cartoon dinosaurs)
He is addicted to iPhone games. We still try to limit it to car rides only.
He has been peeing in his pants lately-for no reason. I could kill him.
But then he looks at me, gives me the biggest hug and tells me how sorry he is.
The anger quickly switches to smiles.
I am so lucky to be his mom.
Even on the baddest of bad days.

I have been just trucking through life.
Working and playing.
I bought a gym membership....And have been actually going!
Once a week counts...right? 
Our goal is to bump it up to 3....wish me luck.
This is groundbreaking in Ashley world.
I was dating a boy. And he was pretty great. And was my best friend.
And now it's over. 
And I'm still heartbroken.
Dating sucks.
But on a positive note...
I might get a new job. My dream job really.
It will involve a whole lot of traveling.
And one of my best friends as my boss.
Win/win if you ask me.
Cross your fingers. And pray it all works out as planned.

And that about sums up my life right now. Pretty exciting right? 
Tomorrow we are off to California again. 
Surprise Surprise.
<3

1 comment:

Alicia said...

haha. i love you ash! i can't believe you are going to california again ;) call me sometime soon! lets catch up again. i can't believe matix is so big. crazy.