Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Puerto Rico 2012

I know, I know. I quite possibly am the luckiest girl in the world. 
Me and eight of the coolest people I know (including my boyfriend and son) ventured across the good 'ole United States all the way to an island in the Caribbean, known as Puerto Rico. Devin's good friend Sean found a sweet deal on some airline tickets that we just couldn't say no to...and luckily some of our favorites felt the same way. We also decided to bring Matix along, which made me the happiest little momma in all the land. Normally I have to leave the little one behind as I go on my adventures exploring the world...but not this time! Devin helped make it possible. (he's the best) And the rest of the gang welcomed him with open arms. Such good friends we have. :)  (And did I mention that I didn't have to take off any work? New job perks.) 
We flew out on the red eye on Wednesday and got to PR Thursday morning-ish. Matix was beyond excited about the fact the he got to sleep on a plane!! I wish I shared that excitement. haha. After a short layover in NYC we were finally in PUERTO RICO!! Matt & Anne and Margo & Miriam had all flown in before us so we were picked up at the airport and driven straight to the Castillo San Felipe Del Morro Fort in Old San Juan. We snatched up the most delicious gelato I've ever had from a street vendor with Matt and Anne before heading up to find Margo and Miriam in the fort.













A short while later Sean and Ashley had landed so we were ready to venture out of San Juan to a city called Fajardo where we boarded our ferry to the amazing island of Vieques, which is about an hour long ferry ride off the coast of mainland PR. 

Stay tuned...

No comments: