Friday, March 15, 2013

One Year.

March 1st marked one whole year of dating for me and Dev.  
365 days. 4 seasons. Holidays. Birthdays. Vacations. 
We've done it all!
(in order of events)
Our story actually began 6 years ago. Me and my friend, Layne were walking out of church early, when some unfamiliar faces (who were sitting in the foyer, not in class) tried to convince us to stay and hang out with them. We exchanged numbers and started to hang out. Longboarding down to the strip, hot tubbing, and guitar playing at the caves were how we spent many nights that spring. That is until the boys' job abruptly ended and they headed home to Utah. Dev and I had bonded over our similar tastes in music, but he had a girlfriend so I didn't think too much of it.  We continued to keep in touch through occasional texting until he broke up with his girlfriend and somehow we ended up talking more regularly. Texts turned to phone conversations and phone conversations turned to road trips  I remember planning out our life together in the wave pool of Seven Peaks. However, things fizzled and the next thing I knew, baby Matix was on his way. One last phone call to fill Devin in, and that was the end of that.

...Or so I thought.

Fast forward 5 years later and I was newly divorced and re-added Dev on Facebook. He was happily dating someone but we began to converse occasionally. His relationship ended and his job started bringing him to Vegas once a month. We started hanging out and then his sisters played MASH with him during conference and I won. Our fate was sealed. We were to me married on October 14, 2012 and live a poor life with medium love. Sounds romantic to me. But if we were to be married, we needed to start dating. The joke turned into a reality and after a few long distant trips to see each other we officially became boyfriend/girlfriend. We owe our love to MASH. 

For Christmas, Devin bought me something on my bucket list: A hot air balloon ride. And we finally booked it just in time for our anniversary. It was perfect! The weather was great and our pilot was super cool! Highly recommended. Bucket List: CHECK!






Here's my first attempt at making a video to recap our experience:



Love my Devy Baby. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ash! this is adorable. I love it all. the video. your guys' love story. the hot air balloon ride. you. devin. yay!