Tuesday, March 5, 2013

valentine's day.


Valentine's Day marks one year of actually dating for me and Devin. It was last year at Valentine's Day that we took the step towards actually dating and actually admitted to ourselves and each other how we felt, instead of joking about the idea that we were getting married in October of 2012 based on a general conference mash game his sister made a few months earlier. Romantic, I know. So I was kind of looking forward to Valentine's Day this year. It brought back the memories of the butterflies I got last year when Devin called to wish me a happy Valentine's Day. And I remember how I frantically thought about something to get him since he took me to Love that weekend, and I felt like I should get him something but wanted to play it cool and not scare him away. And I didn't even know if he really liked me, but I knew that I really liked him. And...oh man. How much has changed in a year!
This year we celebrated twice. Devin had to work on Valentine's Day so we went on a little date the night before. He planned the whole afternoon and evening. The Neon Boneyard which was awesome because my uncles business...YESCO owns most of the signs there and is a huge part of the history of Las Vegas. After that we stopped by the infamous LV sign, the art gallery and then went to a murder mystery dinner show downtown called Marriage Can Be Murder. We've been really curious about these things and even if we were one of the few non-senior citizens there....we actually both really loved it. And the food was pretty good too. I would recommend it. We ended the night cuddling and naming the star Dev bought me. Bucket List...Check. We decided on Dean Allecca. It's the combination of all our middle names. I love it. Plus it sounds so star-ish to me. I don't care if you disagree. 
The next night me and Matix spent most of the day preparing a homemade dinner for Dev after his long day of work. We never cook so it was definitely a treat. I think I impressed him iwth my cooking for once. He had to follow the string around the house to find it. And Matix was super stoked. We ended the night playing Wii as a family, our favorite family pastime. 

3 comments:

mckenna said...

LOVE. :)

Anne RaNae said...

Dean Allecca! It's epic.

Unknown said...

SO CUTE!!! love you guys!