Thursday, October 3, 2013

Kindergartener.



My little boy is officially a kindergartener! He started K at Somerset Oakey a couple weeks ago. Tell me he isn't the handsomest little kindergartener you ever did see. I was really nervous about Matix starting school, because we had some serious PTSD problems over the summer. He was very paranoid about being left alone or going to a babysitter (any babysitter, even my sisters). He would go crazy! But luckily, it was just a phase and he's totally fine now.

He walked right into that room, and didn't look back!

So far he has loved it! He's learning so much and is making friends. He has been having some behavior problems, basically just due to excitement. He gets so excited and speaks out out of turn, especially in music class. That's my Matix for ya. He gets so excited about everything! But he's been working really hard at improving, and is succeeding! His little buddy from church is in his class, which has been a lot of fun. Riley and Matix are two peas in a pod. Mrs. Montreuil noticed their connection and immediately moved their seats to across the room from each other. When those two get together, they are seriously out of control funny. We car pool with Riley on the days I have Matix, and listening to their conversations kills me. I'm so glad Matix has a fun little best friend to go to school with!

He still wants to be a paleontologist, a whale trainer, but has now added scientist to the mix.

I love watching my little boy grow up.
He's still my snuggly little mama's boy and I couldn't be more grateful for that.

No comments: