Wednesday, August 11, 2010

forget 'california gurls'...

i got myself a california boy
and im quite happy about it

this past weekend we made our way to sunny sunny california for a little playtime with the stewart family.
(aka dougs fam)
his little brother had his eagle project saturday morning, so me and matix played at the park while the boys were hard at work on the other side of the park.
isn't he just the cutest little kid? gosh i love him to pieces.



check out that smile. aghhh. he makes my heart melt.. 

then it was off to the BEACH!!
newport to be exact.
where we spent the remainder of the day building sandcastles, boogie boarding, swimming, and...


 
surfing!
(okay so that was mostly doug, his brothers, and dad)
but matix joined in for a bit too!
matix was so super nervous of course, (he's pretty scared of the waves) 
but he also told me he liked it...
 so who knows...maybe one day he'll be a little more daring with it!! 


(doug practiced with him at home before we hit the beach...aweeee)

and.. i have to mention that we found a star fish. a real live one. at least i think it was alive--i dont know much about starfish, and i was really scared of it when i almost stepped on it..but then it was pretty rad. 
and matix loved it too after he got over his initial fear! 
he is such an animal lover!

BUT the best part of the day was getting to see her...
Stephanie!! (and her husband zachary)..my two besties!!
they played with us for a few hours and it made me so so happy.
i just love them to pieces. 

then the rest of the trip was meeting the rest of dougs family, and basically just hanging out with them. 

and doug got to meet his newest niece katelynn.
she's so tiny and cute.


so long california...
... we shall return soon. 

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Aww. . . I am jealous. . . Take me to Cali with you next time please? :P These pictures all of a sudden make Matix look like such a big boy to me. . .

Rebekah Mills said...

You have quite a list of adventures yourself! :) Love ya and every time I remember to call you the time difference makes it ridiculously impossible. I'm sparing you a call at the current 5:30 am that it would be for your time. I'll set an alarm to call ya tonight :D promise!