Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas! 2011



Our 2011 Christmas card.
Christmas has come and gone. I can't believe it. We had a good little Christmas over here at the Marx house.We had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner at our house with the whole family-complete with a nativity reenactment, matching jammies for the kiddos, and the grandchildren gift exchange. I was in charge of last minute costumes for the nativity.  I think I did a mighty fine job. haha. They drew out parts and everyone was happy except Ethan. So we let him be both the inn keeper and the third wise man-hence why we only have two wise men in the picture below. Peyton made an excellent little horse I must add.

The Nativity
Joseph, Innkeeper, Wiseman, Wiseman, Horse, Star, Mary, Angel




Christmas morning was pretty quiet around here. Brian and his new little wife headed to Texas to spend the holiday with her family, So it was just me, Matix, Grandma and Grandpa. The morning basically consisted of us all watching Matix open present after present after present. Spoiled little kid. Of course the majority of his presents were dinosaurs! I did try and mix it up a little bit though. Cruncher was definitely a hit. He loves his new pet dinosaur!!! 
Matix and all his dinosaur presents. (He was happy to take this picture)

Matix and the rest of his presents (He wasn't as thrilled about this picture...little turd)



I got a new lens for my camera that I have been thoroughly enjoying. Along with a few other small things. 


The day after Christmas we had our annual Marx Family Christmas Party. This year my mom hosted it. We were in charge of the location (our garage) and food (Cafe Rio burritos). It all turned out super perfect. Go mom! I'm glad we have this party every year to keep up with our many many Marx cousins. We counted and I think the grand total was 71 people this year. (And a lot of people we missing)


And last but not least, at the cousin gift exchange Matix got this beauty (along with a few other things dinosaur related). And boy has he loved loved loved it. It was his very own dinosaur egg that he had to put in water and wait for the dinosaur to grow and hatch!! It was a daily activity to go and look at his egg and see it's progress. He just started at it for hours waiting for something to happen. Luckily he went to his dad for a few days and while he was there more progress was made....









He was so excited. He named him Steggy. He still hasn't grown to his full potential so he was put back into the bowl to continue growing. We can't wait til Steggy grows up!


I hope everyone else had a Very Very Merry Christmas!!

No comments: