Thursday, November 1, 2012

Zombie Chase 5K.

Last weekend we headed back up to Utah for the 2nd time this month! We love Devin's family and like to spend as much time with them as possible. Some of Devin's friend's wives had decided to run in a Zombie Chase 5K that Saturday morning and invited me to join them. Best. Decision. Ever. It was seriously so much fun. The first thing I thought when they told me about it was that we had to dress up like zombies. I live for dressing up as anything, really. But zombies are especially fun. So we went all out...matching outfits, extreme makeup. The works. We even woke up at 6:30 a.m. to do it all. And it was fun! Then we got to the race (an hour late since we got a little bit lost) and realized that the zombies were supposed to chase the runners! Oh well. We looked amazing and people even took pictures of us. And not to mention the zombies stayed further away from us because we were that scary. haha. The race itself was way more of an obstacle course than anything else. Which was seriously so fun. Plus anyone who knows me knows that I am not a runner. Not at all. But I was all about this course. We had to scale walls. Climb through pipes. crawl thorough graves while avoiding chicken wire (and zombies). Maneuver through tires. Crawl across a rope bridge. etc. It was seriously so much fun! And the girl's I did it with made it that much better. I seriously love all of Devin's friends (and their wives). 

After the race we went and scared all the husbands at work and then ended with some lunch at Tacos Amigos where Kelsey was working...in her zombie makeup and all. :)




















The I came home to this cute boy who spent the morning with Devin, eating Awful Waffle and riding the new Segway :)

No comments: