Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hot Springs Death Walk


I did this hike 8 years ago and swore I'd never do it again. Welp...I lied. But I only regretted the decision to do it again for about a week. Once every inch of my body was no longer swore and I can finally walk again, I might just be up to doing it again in another 8 years. 

But probably not. 

The truth is, it wasn't that bad. Okay, it was. I'm just kinda a wussy baby and it didn't help that we didn't start until 9pm so we didn't get home tip about 3 am and I am not one for late nights, especially strenuous late nights in boots that progressively lost the entire sole by the end and I was basically walking on rocks the whole 6 miles...but at least my friend Matt coached us through the whole thing and even convinced us to run part of it (I don't know why we listened). I'm convinced I almost died a few times, but we pulled through and the end was totally worth it. (kinda) The hot springs are gorgeous and a super rad natural slot canyon beauty. Plus we had a pretty rad group of friends to enjoy this adventure with (and cream sodas)! I'm glad I have the pictures and this blog post to remind me to never do it again. But if I'm dumb enough to...at least wear better shoes. :)






No comments: