Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Zion is for Lovers.




"Sometimes people come into your life and you know right away that they were meant to be there, to serve some sort of purpose, to teach you a lesson or to help you figure out who you are, or who you want to become."
-Author Unknown

I recently met a guy who has been such an inspiration in my life. I know that sounds super retarded, but it's true. He makes me want to do more with my life and be a better person. I "met" him online back in September and we finally met in real life. He's quickly become one of my favorite people and one of my closest friends who I admire dearly.

Meet BC:

The weekend after the New Year Holiday a big group of my friends went up to a ranch in Zion. My friends go up to the ranch all the time, but I had never been so I was pretty excited. I was even more excited when it worked out that BC was conveniently in Utah (he lives in Denver) and decided to spontaneously come down and hang out for the weekend! I was so excited to finally meet him but also a little bit nervous. Who plans a weekend getaway with a bunch of her friends and an internet stranger? Ummm... I do. We both had a little bit of a fear that the other would flake but as soon as I drove up to the shuttle station and saw him standing on the curb in his all-too familiar jacket and beanie, I couldn't help but throw my car into park and basically fell out of the car and into his arms. [Bear hug status]! He's seriously the coolest guy ever and the ultimate adventurer and I'm so glad we're now real life friends. Being real life friends is even better than being just phone friends in case you were wondering.

[Remember how my New Years Resolution was to go on an adventure with Protozoa?
How's that for accomplishing it in 3 days?!]

My friends loved him and the weekend couldn't have been any more fun. We played games, had twerk dance parties, shot guns, ice skated in our shoes across the frozen pond, went four wheeling, hiking, shot more guns and sang around a late night bonfire under a blanket of stars. It was the perfect weekend with my favorite friends and a rad lad. He's seriously a gem, an inspiration to me and luckily, not a serial killer--I'm glad we're friends! Bless you Tinder.


I truly do love the people that I have in my life. Each of them has their own little purpose and I couldn't be any more blessed. I have some pretty great friends and I am lucky enough to keep finding more. :)

No comments: