Monday, March 3, 2014

Bring on 2014.

As 2013 came to a close, I couldn't help but reflect on how much growth and change I went through this year. It was probably one of my harder years, but I know it's made me stronger and better. My favorite girlfriends and I decided to have the most elegant Mexican dinner at Tivoli Village. The fact that we all dressed in black wasn't planned; just merely a sign that we're meant to be friends. These girls are some of the best in the book. They're who I spent lots of my days and most of my nights with. We caught up on all things girly and went around the table telling our resolutions for 2014. I'm not one who takes resolutions super serious. I'm not much of a goal maker because I don't like to fail--definitely not my most proud attribute. But it's kinda how I've always been.

After dinner we went to a house party thrown by our friends Matt and Ryan. There was ping pong, and treats, and a dance mix by the amazing Bee, and ombre gold 2014 letters: All the makings to guarantee a great night. We danced the night away and shot off fireworks before the infamous countdown that happened twice because Time Square's was just a little bit off from reality. We danced and screamed and I was that hyper girl with the blowing thing that makes a really loud annoying noise for all to enjoy. Seriously, it was a perfect new year celebration. And to top it all off, the boy I was casually dating gave me a little kiss at the doorstep. Our first kiss to be exact.




I even wrote a resolution on the resolution board that I was determined to make happen. I didn't know at the time that I would be accomplishing it so soon! 2 days later to be exact. Take that 2014! Boooyyaaaa.

Yep, I think this year is going to be a good one. 

No comments: