Friday, June 10, 2011

i survived.


Matix is now officially home from his trip, and I couldn't be more excited about it.
I officially survived two weeks without him. 
Luckily I had a couple of fun trips with fun friends to help keep me distracted. 

Everything went well as far as his vacation to Texas. 
Grandma Cindy said he was a great traveler and was really good for her.
He got to see his cousins, go to Chuck E. Cheese, had barbecues, and went to the zoo.
Every time I talked to him on the phone, he was excited to tell me about something else.
Speaking of, I really noticed how conversational he has gotten 
since I talked to him on the phone so much.
I felt like I was talking to a little kid, instead of a baby. 
It's crazy to think of how big of a kid he actually is.

Since he got home yesterday, we have spent a lot of time kissing and snuggling and saying I love you's.
I cant even begin to describe how exciting it was to come home from work 
and see his face light up when he saw me!
He ran and gave my a hug and told me how much he missed me. 
It melted my heart.
Then he gave me a little present that he got me.
He picked it out all by himself and could hardly wait to give it to me.
It is an elephant mood necklace. And I am wearin' it proudly. 
He told me he got the elephant because I don't like lions :)
Man, I sure love this little kid. 
It's good to have him home. 

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I don't know how you did it. . . but I'm glad he's back! He really is becoming a big boy. . . it's crazy.