Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Someday...

Well guess what...my someday is now!! 

I love to travel. Probably more than the average soul. I'm sure you could have guessed that if you have read my blog at all. There's is just something so exhilarating and exciting about seeing new things and going new places.  I feel like I have learned the most about my self while in new places; places where I am out of my comfort zone and in a whole new world. I feel like there is so much out there that I haven't been able to see or experience, and I want to so bad. It's crazy to me how different every single country in the world is. How people, just like me, live a completely different life than me. Sometimes I feel like I am so sheltered and spoiled living here in America. So I have decided that I am going to see the places that I have always wanted to see and do the things that I have always wanted to do and make friends in places all over the world. Sometimes I also feel like because I am a mom, I am limited on what I can do. And in a sense I am....however, these things just seem to fall into my lap sometimes and everything just works out, out of nowhere. It's kind of crazy, really. But I am not complaining one bit. I am just a lucky, lucky girl. I have also been blessed with parents who help me so much, and who support me enough to make such amazing opportunities possible. 

Over the past couple of weeks I had the chance to take a trip of  lifetime. My ideal trip. The kind of trip that I have dreamed about. My "someday" trip that I secretly thought may never happen but always hoped would. Well...it happened. And I still get giddy just thinking about it.  Here's how...

 One of my best, best guy friends Nate, quit is job to travel for the summer before his mom retires from the airlines and he loses his flight benefits. Conveniently, he was telling me that when his mom retires in 2 months, so do her buddy passes, and she has a bunch that will probably not get used. So he posed the question...."If you could go anywhere in the world...where would you go???" My initial response was Egypt. Oh how I want to ride a camel to the pyramids. My second suggestion was Thailand. I have heard amazing things about that place and it has always been at the top of my list. Coincidentally Nate's list matched mine exactly...so now we were in a dilemma....where to go?! 
Well...first off...there were more flight options to Thailand than Egypt. Way better options actually. And when you are flying standby these details are important. So that weighed heavily. Then there was Hailey....our mutual friend who was going on her own trip of a lifetime, only for two months and hitting up all the countries I dream of going. After we decided on a week that worked for us both, we checked in on her itinerary, and bam...she would be in Thailand the exact time we would be there. Sold... We decided on Thailand!!!! Next it was time to convince the parents. Luckily, that was a lot easier than I thought. See...I really do have awesome parents I tell ya. And so it was..to Thailand we were going! In two weeks. Yes....TWO weeks. Wait...what? Yes. I was going to THAILAND in TWO weeks. And then I started bragging. I could't contain myself. I was so excited. And nervous. And scared. And shocked. And happy. That I told everyone I saw. And then there was my friend Lindsey. Who got really really jealous. Like superly jealous. And decided she couldn't just watch me go on a trip of a lifetime, without her. And so she jumped on the Thailand train. And we never looked back....

No comments: