Thursday, May 16, 2013

the luckiest mom.


Any other day when Matix tries to wake me up before 8, I do anything in my power to get him to go back to sleep or watch cartoons, but on Mother's Day he ran his little bum back into his room (he somehow makes it into my bed most nights, half the time I don't even notice until he ends up snuggling me off my own bed) to grab his big surprise. "Breakfast in a Bag!" He could hardly wait to break it open and feast in the sheets. What a cute preschool teacher he has. I didn't even care that it was before 8, or that the muffins just so happened to be banana nut (i HATE bananas). I happily munched on the least amount I could get away with and truly enjoyed that sweet moment with my not-so-little- little boy. The rest of the morning was filled with lots of hugs and love--Matix is seriously my best friend. He has really been there for me especially with how rough the last few weeks have been on the both of us. He has gotten out of bed just to give me and extra hug when I needed it. Complete with a conversation as follows: 
"Mom, you know I know you wanted a girl."
"Oh, really??"
"Ya, you told me that."
"Well, I did want a girl. Until I got you. Now I'm so happy I got you. I love you so much!!"
"Ya, next time you'll just take whatever you get, huh?"

Or while driving to karate he says:
"Mom, when we get there don't get out until I say so."
When we get there he reminds me, gets out of the car and opens my door 
followed by a "Ladies First."
(Devin's doing and for that I am grateful)

This little boy melts my heart in the best way possible. I am so grateful that he can teach me, love me, and make me laugh for the rest of forever. I sure do adore him--even when he is a brat and refuses to sing to me with the primary on my special day. Good thing he made up for it by giving it his all at his preschool program. 




No comments: