Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Easter Weekend (Part 1)

Spring break was the weekend before Easter. My family all decided to head up to the cabin for the week, and thankfully they offered to take Matix with them! Thursday evening, us working folks headed up there (Me, boyfriend, and dad). The trip took a little longer than expected because my dad can't see a person in need and not offer to help (see previous post). But we made it, and our hearts were full. 

It was a quick trip. I worked remotely Friday morning, and then got to snowboard with my man in the afternoon. It was too great to spend the afternoon with him doing something we both enjoy. That is...until I got cold. Man, I am a wuss and a half. I am such a fairweather boarder these days. I prefer a few hours of fun, and then I like to get warm and be done! Season passes spoil. We compromised, and both agreed it was the perfect day.

That evening we had an Easter passover dinner. It was good to teach the kids about the true meaning of Easter. My mom had us all doing a week long Easter remembrance thingy, where we went through the last 7 days of Christ's life. It was good to think about, I should have been more faithful about it.

Saturday, after we cleaned up....we finally convinced Matix (well Matt did) to learn to snowboard! He's been super nervous about it forever, but Matt brought him a cute little baby board and Matix got so excited. And OH MY GOSH, that kid just went for it! He loved every second of it and had absolutely no fear. He told me he wanted to learn how to do 360's and flips and after a few runs in our front yard, we knew he was ready to head to the magic carpet lift. He conquered those runs quickly, but we were anxious to get on the road! I can't wait to see what next year has in store for this kid!!! I'm so grateful for Matt's excitement and patience in teaching Matix. It was so exciting!! It's hard to do these things alone, and I'm thankful I have as much help and support as I do.







No comments: