Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Easter Weekend (Part 2)

After a couple of days at the cabin, we ventured the couple more hours up to Orem to see Matthew's family. He hadn't been home since Christmas, and I got to meet the rest of his family! (I had met his mom earlier this year when I was in Utah for work. Matt and I were good friends and I picked up some stuff from her for him). I adore his family. We mostly just hung out and talked and ate and  laughed and painted our nails. Then we played a gnarly game of Cranium, which was super fun. I like that they like games...because they are my favorite. The Easter bunny found us the next morning and put on a cute little scavenger hunt for Matix to find the baskets! Matix thought that was pretty awesome! After church we made dinner and listened to the men in the family play guitar. I knew Matt played guitar, but had yet to hear him play! He melted my heart just a little bit. And he even writes music! Who knew? It was so fun to see that side of him, and see how much his family adores him. Oh, and I got to see a video of him ballroom dancing. Yep, Matthew is a national champion ballroom dancer! I didn't believe him either....for months. But he finally proved it and it's true.
It was so fun to get to know Matthew in a different light. His family situation in Vegas is very...ummm...different so it was wonderful to see the other side of things! I can't wait til we can go back! His stepdad wants to take Matix fishing...and Matix is stoked about it. :)






No comments: