Thursday, July 17, 2014

Matix is SIX.

Completely out of character for him, Matix changed his birthday theme after he made the initial decision at his last birthday party. He had initially chosen to do a jungle theme, but as his birthday approached (like 4 months early) he decided he wanted a laser tag party instead! Usually, once his mind is made up, it's mad up. And that's still mostly the case, he just had a little change of plans. 


Anyways, this laser tag party was very much anticipated but Matix, Matix's friends, Matix's cousins, and me and my friends! It was a hit all around. It was a little more expensive than I normally spend, but not much more. It was totally worth it! We had a private party so we were the only people there! The games were awesome!! I highly recommend Laser Quest if you want to have a laser tag party. So accommodating and so great!
We also had pizza, cake and presents! AND Dylan and Kelli gave Matix his very first pet (at mom's house). A FISH! It's a Beta and we named him Bluey. Matix has been really really great about taking care of him. All I have to do is change the water whenever Matix tells me it's time. In fact, I forgot we had him until this very minute. Hope he's still alive! This is why I don't have pets. haha. Note to self: check on Bluey. 
AND the best part was that Devin (Matix's best friend in the whole world, and my ex bf) came! Matix couldn't have been more excited to hang out with him again! Boyfriend met ex-boyfriend and it was just glorious. JK. It wash't super awkward, maybe a little but whatever. It was Matix's day and I wanted it to be perfect. 
















We also brought donuts to Matix's class the Friday before his birthday! (His Birthday was on Sunday) The class loved it but I think Matix loved it the most!!!


Sunday morning we had homemade Cinnamon rolls that my mom bought from a lady, went to Matt's ward and then went to my friend Chaz's college graduation and party. My parents were up in Utah at my cousin Camette's sealing and Emily Jacobsen's homecoming. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATIX!
I can't believe you're six and too cool to smile in pictures. 
LOVE YOU!

No comments: