Friday, July 18, 2014

Moving On....

Last Picture of MK + A.
He didn't love the nickname as much as I did
So...my relationship with Matthew has abruptly come to an end. I still don't really know why. Okay, yes I do. He claimed he wasn't ready for marriage and stuff which was obviously where this was heading after 4 months and said he needed some space to figure things out--but then he proceeded to start dating a mutual friend less than a week later and now I get the privilege of hanging out with them on the regular--like it's no big deal. 

To say it has been one of the hardest breakups would probably be an understatement. 

But on the plus side I'm doing a lot better with it this last week. (It's been almost 2 months since the breakup and 6 weeks since the sting of finding out about "them") Progress. I really just didn't expect this from him. He was one of my best friends! And one of my most favorites things about our relationship was how dog-on-dang comfortable and honest and open we were with each other. It was so nice to date your best friend and have it just work. But, I'll probably not be doing that again. Because something that comes along with dating someone in your group of friends, is that after you break up THEY ARE STILL IN YOUR GROUP OF FRIENDS. Seriously, sucky. 

But I will say that dating Matt was a great experience. He may not have been everything I wanted. Or even close. But our personalities meshed so well together. His easy-going personality was perfect for me. We NEVER fought. We never got in an argument. The way he approached conflict resonated so well with me. It was so refreshing to have everything just be good all the time. It was one of the best relationships I've had. Which makes it a shame that it ended so poorly. I wish it didn't. I really miss him. But I don't think I can forgive him. Maybe...someday. Maybe. 

For now I will just be grateful for the memories. And his talents he shared with me...all around my room. And for this video. It's my absolute favorite and will probably always make me smile in between my really mean thoughts :)


No comments: