Friday, August 1, 2014

Kindergarten Graduate


My sweet baby boy has graduated from Kindergarten! I know it's not that big of a deal, but it kind of is. Isn't he the most precious thing you ever did see? He absolutely loved kindergarten. He went to Somerset Academy and had Mrs. Montreuil as his teacher (half day, pm). It was super convenient that Somerset was right around the corner from our house and all of his friends from church went there. We had a good little carpool system set up with the neighbor (church) friend Riley. Matix excelled in school. He especially loved all the extra classes...PE, STEM, Music etc. They had a talent show near the end of the school year and Matix was so excited to audition for it. So excited that he forgot to even tell me that he did it! He decided that he was join to tell jokes and came up with his whole skit by himself. I can't remember what jokes he used except one, which happens to be his favorite. 
"What did the horse say when it fell over?"
"Help! I've fallen and I can't 'giddy-up'!"
I'm sad to report that he didn't make it into the show, I can't quite figure out why. But his music class didn't perform a song in it, and that made him happy enough. (Although I do think he was a little bit disappointed) 

Matix is such a happy, well-behaved kid. I seriously can't be grateful enough that he is the way that he is. He has such a good nature about him. He never intentionally does something wrong. He hates getting in trouble. He is very intelligent and always asks questions about how things work and why's and what words mean. I am always impressed with how well he comprehends things and how interested he is in learning. He had lots of friends and two bullies (they bullied everyone in class, not him specifically) We always talked about those dang class bullies and how we should turn the other cheek. At the graduation, a few kids came up and asked to take pictures with him with moms telling me that Matix was their favorite friend in class (kids I'd never heard of). It felt good to know he was well-liked among his peers, but I'm not surprised. He's such a lovable kid. Animals are still his favorite subject. He watches National Geographic shows regularly and loves learning about animals, especially the more violent ones. He and grandpa have a new love for "Dual Survival" (some wilderness type show). He is such a little cuddle bug and loves to cuddle before bed and first thing in the morning. Video games are also a favorite...so they have to be limited. He is still the favorite cousin (according to all the cousins). And recently he started reading ME bedtime stories, to make up for all the stories I've read him over the past 5 years. I love it! :)

I'm so grateful that I was blessed to be this little boys mama. He is the best kid I could have ever hoped for and I'm so glad he's mine forever. 

BRING ON FIRST GRADE!!!




No comments: