Friday, August 1, 2014

New Job (Yes, Again)

So...i regret to inform you that my freaking awesome, best job of my life has painfully come to an end. I am still super sad about it, except that it honestly was not real life so maybe it's for the best? Nope, probably not. It was the cushiest, best job of my whole life. So much that it literally didn't feel like a job and I got paid for it! 

Anyways...the two owners just had a series of disagreements and so they parted ways leaving the rest of the employees somewhat in the crossfire. One owner ended up moving to another company (in Utah) basically doing the some thing we did here and that same company also offered me a job! It was a dream come true and they even gave me a raise and said I didn't have to move (I could work from home) and work up in Utah whenever I wanted. Move to Utah but not actually move to Utah? OMG. Best thing ever!!! Talk about an absolute answer to prayers. And the girls in my previous post had a room open up in their house for $100 month (yes, you read that right) and I was basically getting really excited about this new life of mine....especially with my recent breakup. 

But I decided to turn it all down. 

In that previously mentioned crossfire, the other owner ended up feeling bad about my couple week unemployment (which I was NOT sad about, haha) and ended up referring me to a job that was an unreal opportunity. I didn't apply. I went in for one interview. And was hired. Making nearly 3 times as much as my old job with basically zero experience. It's amazing what a referral can do for ya. 

So basically it was an offer I couldn't refuse. 

I am now the production assistant to the president of a bank that specializes in mortgage loans. 


Talk about a serious change, right?

And it's a real job. 8-5. M-F. Vacation days. Benefits. I work with a bunch of professionals. Old professionals. Career people. etc. etc. etc. 


But you know what...I really do like it. I can't say that I love it....because well...I was beyond spoiled at my old job. But so far it's been really good and I feel like it's a good place for me to be. I've decided that I need to be a little more independent and accept the fact that if I never get married that I will be okay. I that i can financially support myself and Matix completely with no help, and be completely fine. And I have been fine. But makin more money definitely won't hurt. And I've even been thinking about buying a house lately. Whoa whoa...it's just a thought. 

And the best part about it is that the job in Utah, I still communicate with them regularly and I will always have a place there if I decide that's where I want to be. And to be honest, it's been hard at times and I wonder often if I made the right decision. Utah holds a lot of happiness right now. Tons of my best friends who I talk to basically daily...both guys and girls. Dream job. Boy crushes. Etc. Etc. Etc. And things have been rough lately and I've wondered and cried and worried that I made the wrong decision and that things would be better for me at the other job. But a lot of days I also feel good about things so for now I'm continuing as planned and hoping for the best! 


No comments: