Friday, March 25, 2011

that time matix went to church with me.

This was us last sunday.  Normally Matix goes to church with my parents because my ward is a singles ward and doesn't have a primary/nursery. Our church is now at the same time, so we get ready together, get home together, eat together, and take a Sunday nap together. It works out pretty perfectly. However, this past sunday, Matix asked if he could come with me and Doug to church. How could I say no to such a sweet little request!?!? (plus I felt it would be good for him to know that we actually go to church too) So off to church we went....

Our experience went a little something like this...

-  Matix singing Follow the Prophet quite loudly in the middle of a talk. Remember that this was a very kid-free congregation.

-He said the prayer for the whole sunday school class. I was real proud.

-He named our Jeopardy team in sunday school: Toothless. We won. 
(My friend Jane was the teacher, so he got picked on a lot)

-He began to get restless in the third hour, so i caved and let him play iPhone games. I ended up buying him 4 dinosaur games to keep him quiet. I'm still not happy about this. We have since implemented Matix earning money to buy games by doing chores around the house.

-He wore underwear, and had no accidents! 

- During a musical number, i let him stand up on my lap to see. I thought he was listening so reverently, that is until after the meeting a few people came up to me telling me how much he was making them laugh. Apparently he was plugging his ears through the whole song!! How embarrassing.


I guess you could say the whole experience went really, really well ;)

4 comments:

Ashley Marx said...

SO cute! i wish i went to our ward last week haha. he's such a handsome little guy!

Tim and Audrey said...

that pic of you two is fantastic! I can't believe how big he is!! I can't wait to see you guys in APril! whoop whoop

Justin and Michelle said...

Ashley, you're such a great mom! I love reading your blog! xo

bayardo4life said...

Matix needs to go to church with you EVERY week! He will always give you good stories....very cute!