Monday, November 18, 2013

Halloween 2013

It's no secret that I love Halloween. Seriously, I don't even mind the month long celebration. The more I get to dress up, the better. This year Matix wanted to be a zombie...and the gorier the better. As much as I love zombies and think that would have been super awesome...all I could think about was bringing my cute, innocent little boy dressed like that to kindergarten! I just couldn't do it! I would have felt like the worst mom in the world next to the cute little princesses and Disney characters. Oh, hey, I'm the mom who let's my child come to school looking like the walking dead. Sorry Matix...ain't gonna happen. Maybe next year. :)

After much discussion and Pinterest browsing we came up with the perfect idea. Matix would be Jack and I would be Sally Skellington. He loves the Nightmare Before Christmas. And it's almost zombie-ish aka he gets to wear scary makeup. And it's Disney so it's totally non-judge-proof. SCORE. 

The Real Sally and Jack:

The Pinterest Inspiration:
Seriously, so stinking cute. I die. Unfortunately time was short and my skill are limited so I couldn't hand make an equally amazing outfit. 

The Reveal:
Also...there were seriously NO Jack costmues in Matix's size. Babies and adults. So I bought the cheapest adult costume I could find and altered the jacket to perfection (Thanks Mom). I think it turned out perfect. Also, my stitches got added later when I was in less of a hurry.

I dressed up a total of 4 times. And Matix 3. First we had our annual Marx Halloween Party that my mom throws every year. Complete with spooky dancing, pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern, witches brew and pizza. Saturday night I had a costume party at my friend Allison's house where we danced the night away with Hooter's girls, a scary clown, Waldo, Mr. H. Potter, and a Miley wannabe. Our ward trunk-or-treat and chili cook off was on Hallow's Eve, where I became an expert face-painter and my dad made us all touch "slimy secrets" that I later found out were weird things he and his young men found at the asian market...including cow tongue. Ewwwww.  Then finally on Halloween we had Matix's school parade and party and then trunk-or-treating at my sister's ward and trick-or-treating...just me and my boy. We found the best neighborhood that was decked out to the max. 

















 We LOVE Halloween!!
(and have enough candy to last a lifetime)

No comments: