Wednesday, November 6, 2013

September Recap.

Here's the other random things that happened in September:

My friend Linsdey left me for California. She gave up her gypsy lifestyle, got a job, and moved. I hated to see her go but we still talk regularly. I freaking adore her. We had a fun night out on the town to say goodbye. 

Allison*Me*Becca*Brooke*Lindsey

I got extensions, again! I've gotten more compliments than ever and I love it! Long hair, don't care. 

Janie returned home from her mission in New York, New York South. Has it seriously been a year and a half? I don't believe it. I'm so glad she's home. We've been hanging out like crazy since she's leaving me for Utah here shortly. 

My internship turned into a job! It's been pretty great to finally work in public relations! I still work from home four days a week and only go into the office on Mondays (and have even met up with my favorite Henderson friends for lunch).  It really is the perfect job for me right now and I love not having to miss out on Matix growing up. I am working, but at least I'm home and can have breakfast with him, drop him off at school, and supervise homework. So great. 


Speaking of my job...we have lots of events. Here was our first one that our office put on. It's a startup networking event that we host every month. It's been fun and definitely a learning experience. The tech startup community was so foreign to me....until now. 


I also started an internship helping manage them. Random, I know. But my minor is in entertainment management and it's been such a great opportunity and learning experience. I don't think my future is in managing a band, but I do know I like doing it for now. Plus there are some pretty cool perks to it!

I went and saw Jimmy Eat World! I loveeeeeee Jimmy and seeing them again (last time was in 2005) was a dream. I loved every second. Me and Tres planned to go, but she couldn't end up getting work off which made me super sad,  but I'm glad Tif joined me last minute!


And I bought a car!! I'm such a grownup. 

Out With The Old: This 2004 Corolla of mine has been such a champ. Seriously. I had her since I was 17 years old, a senior in high school. We bought it barely used and I sold it with 212,000 miles (ish) on it. Freaking gangster right?! It has accompanied on countless roadtrips, lots of dance parties, a few bumps and grinds (I was voted worse driver in high school), lots of boyfriends, was the first car Matix ever road in and never had any real problems. What a great car!

In With The New: 2013 Hyundai Sonata. I bought her used with barely 6,000 miles on her. (I've already pushed her up to 10,000. My life is one big roadtrip!!) She has lots of fun features, like bluetooth which was totally necessary for my phone loving self and a remote start! I'm excited for the adventures to come with my baby boy in the backseat!


No comments: