Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Utah. (Yep, Again!!)


So before things with the boy ended, we already had plans and tickets to go to conference together. Since we are still close friends (even now), we decided to proceed with the trip. I'm so glad I still went. I had the best time with some of my best friends. 
It started with my Margo flying in from California so we could drive to Brianhead to look at potential wedding venues. (Yes!! She's engaged!!) And had a quick reunion with Tres and baby Chandler while there.  I love any chance to see them. 
Then we finally made it up to Provo and stopped by Devin's sister's house to let the kids play, which was HIGHLY anticipated by little Matix. He sure misses his Jack cousin. It was great to catch up with her for a couple hours before connected with Anne and heading up to SLC for the Imagine Dragon's concert. I recently started an internship for their management company, helping manage the Killers, so I got hooked up with some almost front row tickets. We met up with Sam, our other soulmate at the show and ended the night eating at The Pie. 
Saturday we ate breakfast with Sam and Anne at our absolute favorite Provo location: The Awful Waffle. I could hang out with those girl's forever. My friends Thayne and Emily also stopped by to say hi and I just adore them so much! They are my favorites and this was my first time seeing them since they got married! Still sad I missed their wedding. We spent the rest of the afternoon dreaming up the perfect Halloween costumes. Naked shadow trumped them all, obviously. Next stop: reunion with Devin's family....and especially his dogs. Matix misses Louis and Stella so much. He keeps asking me if I can get married so we can get a dog. Apparently those go hand in hand. Yes, me and Devin are on really good terms and are even dare-I-say-it friends. Things are just fine between us, finally. 
We ended the night with something I had butterflies in my stomach for all weekend: Seeing Spence. He took us to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Red Lobster and things went really well. Spence reminded Matix of the #1 rule..."Spencer's always right." They are the cutest little friends. We had a lot of fun and were able to talk about things some more. I still think things ended prematurely, but long distance isn't for every one. I just can't seem to find a LV boy so long distance has become the only alternative, unfortunately. IF ONLY MY SOULMATE COULD BE IN LV THINGS WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER. HAHA. I know we were supposed to meet and he has been an influential example in my life. I am so grateful for that. We went to General Conference the next day with Margo and Brock and it was a great way to end a great weekend with some of my favorite people in my life. 

No comments: