Thursday, January 6, 2011

prayer.

i have neglected to mention the awesomest that is matix's prayers. 
Oh man, he's good. 
For the longest time his prayers consisted of three things he'd say on his own...before he'd ask for help.

1.)Thank you for this day
2.)Bless I'll have fun.
3.) Thank you for the food (even at bed time)

Well recently he has expanded, and even will complete an entire prayer on his own!

Some examples of things he's said on one or more occasion:
*Thank you for the bugs.
*Please help them to not bite me.
*Thank you for Lion King
*Thank you for Ice Age
*Please help Dexter not eat my shoes  
(Dexter is his dog at his dad's house...and he ate his favorite flip flops)
*Please help me be strong and healthy

I look forward to his prayers. They make me smile. Especially because I don't think he says them for half the week when he's at his dad's house. But he has reminded us to pray before food and bed on more than one occasion. I'm glad he sees it as a good habit. Maybe he'll be a good influence on his daddy. :)

However, he doesn't quite understand the concept of it being someone else's turn...he just repeats everything they say out loud, during the prayer. Even in church. Oh well.

2 comments:

Chels Allred said...

I love to read about Matix. I feel like I have so much to look forward to with Milo, it gets me so excited!
I pray for bugs not to bite me either dude.

Emily said...

this is one of my most favorite parts of being a mom! i LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing them pray all by themselves!