Wednesday, January 5, 2011

two and a half.

i meant to do a two and a half post (in november) but then i forgot. 
so here it is....

Matix is Two and a Half...
going on Sixteen!
(as my dad says)
Sixteen is when he can drive. So he asks if he is sixteen quite often. 

Here's some things about Matix right now...

-He tells me he loves me all the time. and then we get in an "I love you more!" war. It's so sweet.
-He can't wait to drive. He sits on my lap and presses all the buttons.
- He loves loves loves animals. And is not afraid to touch them at all.
- His favorite color is still green.
-He's knows all his colors. and can count really well. 
-His favorite movies are Lion King and Ice Age. Movies keep his attention very well. Sometimes we get in fights because he wants to watch it a second time in a row.
-He loves to read books. But he gets frustrated that he can't read. So he wants someone to read it to him.
-He is the ultimate manipulator, especially at bed time. He will think of ANYTHING to not go to bed
-Because of this it takes him almost two hours to usually fall asleep.
-And since has been waking up later (around 9)
-He is scared of the dark. or so he claims. But i think it's just an excuse to have a light on to look at books at bedtime. He always says the same line, in the same tone, every night..."It's dark in my room."
-He often wakes up in the night and comes to my bed. If I'm not home for some reason...he falls asleep in my bed waiting for me to get home.  
(this time in particular, with a balloon still in hand.)

-He continues to think he is an animal everyday, and acts accordingly.
-We think he dreams about animals because he usually wakes up talking about them.
-He loves medicine and asks for it often
-Panda Bear (Panda Express) has surpassed McDonald's as his favorite food. 
-Sometimes he wants to eat dinner in "California"
-He pees in the toilet often. But only on request and with the bribe of a candy. Two candies for a "long" pee.
-He has not yet gone #2 in the toilet :(
-He HAS to be the one to buckle the top buckle of his car seat. 
-"trix for kids is his favorite cereal" he's obsessed. 
-He has really get manners. Always says please, thank you, and i'm sorry. 
-Doug is still his favorite. He got me in trouble with his dad for this one. oops. Even if doug is not an option of a favorite...he still picks him. 
-Most of my friends would prefer to hang out with him over me. I'm used to it. He gets all the attention but I don't blame them. He is freaking awesome. and always entertaining. He says the funniest things. 
-He likes to pick out his clothes.
-He loves loves loves his cousins and his "friends" and talks abut them often.
-He still talks about Halloween and what he wants to be NEXT year. And he thinks Santa is coming back to bring more presents. 
-pillow talk in the morning. in my bed. is my favorite. he cracks me up.
-He is in a phase of saying what he doesn't want. He does this with EVERYTHING.
(like what movie do you want to watch? Not toy story. Not Shark tale...etc.)
-He talks better than any one his age. And even some older than him.
-He's shy for the first 5 min of meeting someone, then he talks your ear off.
-My favorite quotes thus far...
"mom, you're driving me nervous!"
" the sun's in my eyes, mom. turn it off"
"_(mom, papa, doug, grandma)__, I need to tell you something"
"Mom, I'm talking to you, are you listening to me???"

Oh, Matix. You are the greatest.

2 comments:

Chels Allred said...

i think it's so sweet that you guys have love you wars. I hope my kid tells me one day..hahaha
matix, you are a cool dude. Happy 2 1/2 buddy

D'On Marx said...

That's so cute! I need to meet him sometime. hahaha