Sunday, February 19, 2012

valentines day.

I think that this could have quite possibly been my favorite Valentine's Day to date. I usually don't get super into Valentine's Day, but this year for some reason I did. And it was good...real good. Matix had a preschool Valentine's Day party, so I thought it would be fun to make sugar cookies for him to give out along with dinosaur valentine's (of course). We had a blast and the cookies were quite delicious. 


The day before Valentine's Day I was eating dinner when these were delivered to my front door. They were from my friend Troy in California. He wasn't sure I was going to get anything for Valentine's Day so he wanted to be a good friend and make sure I had a good day. Super thoughtful. Troy has been a good little friend to me for like 4 years now. He helps me so much with my crazy life, and is always sending Matix fun things, like all his cute Billabong clothes he always wears. We sure appreciate his friendship. :)


On the actual night of Valentine's Day I has the best date ever-my friend Jane. We were each other's Valentine's, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. She's going to be leaving me here super soon so it was fun to have some "us" time. That rarely happens. We caught up on all things Ashley and Jane over some delicious filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and calamari at Simon on top of Palms Place. Such a good choice. After dinner we headed to the Suncoast to meet up with Becca and Rebecca to see The Vow. I had just read my cute cousin's blog about how awful it was...so I had very low expectations. In fact, I thought about not even going. I am soooo glad I didn't. I completely disagree with her (sorry Ash). I thought the movie was perfect. And real. And such a great love story. It was super sad, but not all love stories are happy, or end up the way we think they should. (The trailer makes it seem all happy...and it's definitely not). I recommend it. Even though I might just be the minority here. 


This cute boy came in town Thursday and took me to LOVE for Valentine's Day. I could not have been more excited. Cute boy+The Beatles=Happy. He just happens to be my current fave and I got to spend an entire weekend with him. 


I wanted to do something for him to say thank you so I bought him Let It Be on vinyl. Devin could not have been more excited. His reaction was even better than the show, I think. :)

I had the perfect Valentine's Day. I love the excuse to celebrate all the love in my life-friends, family, and lovers alike.  Happy Valentine's Day <3

1 comment:

Ashley Marx said...

haha i guess i just can't accept real life! glad you enjoyed the movie though :) ps your hair is so pretty all the time!