Friday, February 10, 2012

Airplane + Zoo

As you all know, one of things on my wish list for the past 2 years was to take Matix on an airplane ride. He has been asking to go on one for quite sometime, so it's always been on the back of my mind. Luckily my best friend Darci was anxious to take her girls on an airplane ride as well, and when Allegiant has $10 flights-we just couldn't resist. We ended up deciding to go to Mesa, Arizona because I have family and friends there, the zoo seemed fun, and it was a short flight. Perfect.

Matix could hardly contain himself on the way to the airport Saturday morning. He was so excited. He talked all about airplanes and how he was going to fly in the sky. We met up with Darci, her mom, and her two little girls, Madeline and Hadley. The plane ride was so fun. We even got to say hi to the captain. Matix kept tellin everyone it was his first airplane ride, but technically it wasn't. We went to Texas when he was one) He had his eyes glued to outside during takeoff and screamed "I'm so excited to go to Arizona!" loud enough for the whole plane to hear, along with comments about how "he could see Thailand and half of China from up there." He's definitely my child :)  In the air he was entertained by the little bag that Darci's cute mom made for the kids.  It was full of crayons, a dinosaur book, and of course snacks. Thanks again, Jackie. And before we knew it, we were in Arizona

We headed straight from the airport to the Phoenix Zoo! Matix and Madeline flirted the whole way there. No complaints here. They will be getting married one day, so it was only natural :) Darci's SIL Brittney and her daughter Brooklynn, and my cousin Angela and her two daughters, Bella and Olivia met us there and it was definitely a party. And my super cool friend Melissa gave us her pass so we got in for basically free. What a nice friend. The kids ran around like crazy and probably couldn't have had more fun if they tried. They loved being together, seeing the animals, and most importantly, pushing the buttons that make animal noises.

Bella, Angela, Ashley, Olivia, Darci, Madeline, Matix, Hadley, Jackie, Brooklyn, Brittney

Camels!


Dragon World


This describes our friendship exactly-complete opposites. Best best friends nevertheless.


Monkey Kisses

Touching Stingrays

Some of our favorite animals we saw

After several hours of non-stop fun...we decided to head to dinner for some more fun! Some of my favorite people from the Mesa area even came to hang out and eat a fancy dinner, at you guessed it? McDonald's! Of course. My cousin Mary and her two kids, Easton and Averie. My long time friend Audrey. And my very first best friend, Melissa and her two kids, June and Drake. I had never met Easton, Averie, June or Drake-so it was especially fun! If Matix wants to marry June, I would be totally okay with that too. She is so stinkin cute. Matix is going to have a lot of choices of girls to marry when he gets older. ;) 

We ended the night with baths and a movie-The Little Mermaid was the movie of choice. We had high hopes of the kids falling asleep, but that was not the case. We were just having way too much fun!

Sunday morning we slept in a little bit-the adults anyways. The kids were up and playing long before we drug our selves out of bed. We ate breakfast and headed to the most amazing store ever. Last Chance is basically one step below Nordstrom Rack. Everything that doesn't get sold, end up here for dirt cheap. We went on quite the shopping spree. Totally broke the Sabbath, but I think it was necessary. I added 2 pairs of boots, a pair of booties, jeans, two tanks, two pairs of earrings and a bracelet, shorts and a swimsuit for Matix-all for less than $150. Unbelievable. (Remember this is all Nordstrom quality stuff, not cheap crap)



Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the airport and head back to Vegas. My cute cousins came to hang out for a while and say goodbye. The kids had a blast playing duck duck goose and running around like crazy people. Luckily it was a really small airport, with a pretty small crowd. Thanks Angela for letting us take over your house for a couple days. It was seriously so much fun! And I love that Matix got to play with his cousins he hardly gets to see. Olivia and Matix became cute little buddies. This is them playing dead on the airport floor. 


Cousins: Angela, Sheila, Ashley

I forgot to mention that because the Mesa airport is so small you actually get to walk directly on and off the plane. What a treat for the kids to see the plane right up close and personal. So cool.




By the end of the trip this is how we all felt-super tired. But it was serioulsy the funnest little trip. Matix asks me everyday if we can go back to Arizona to play with Madeline, Hadley and his cousins. We definitely will need to get back out there as soon as possible. I'm so grateful that I am able to do these fun little things with Matix. We are really blessed! 

It was also fun to spend time with Darci. We don't see each other much these day, so it was a treat to hang out and travel like the old days. Even though it wasn't to a destination as cool as New York City, or China, it was still fun! We'll have to do it again if I can convince Darci :)

2 comments:

TOAD said...

Man I wish I could have gone. I love the zoo. Hanging with Matix is the best time always.

Unknown said...

I am pretty sure Hadley, Madeline and Matix would love DC. Plus, I would LOVE seeing you and Darci!! ♥