Thursday, February 6, 2014

thanksgiving.

My number one thankful this year is that my relationship with my little boy has grown into more of a little friendship. I love my time with him and the adventures, conversations, cuddles and interactions we have. They truly are the best. 
Matix's number one thankful this year is T-Rex. His obsession with dinosaurs is still in full force with no signs of stopping. He even drew this picture for me to share with all my friends. It's a pretty great drawing dontcha think?


 This Thanksgiving was a little bit different. My Grandpa J used to alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas in Vegas every year but the past few years he hasn't been well enough to travel. He has missed spending the holidays with our family and so my parents decided to spend Thanksgiving with him up in Utah for a change. Since I'm the only unmarried one in my family, and therefore have no in-laws to celebrate with, I decided why not spend the holiday with my grandpa as well. It won't be too long before I won't be able to. My step grandmother, Signe prepared a lovely dinner. Her daughter and her family joined us, whom I don't know very well. It was great to get to know them a little bit better, especially after their son, Ray recently connected with our family after his car broke down driving from California to Utah. He ended up living with us for about a month, and loving it so much that he decided to permanently stay in Vegas. He's in a nearby singles ward and I see him often! My mom's brother Howard also joined us for dinner. He recently divorced his wife, Hazel, and I don' think I've seen him for years and years. He lives a pretty lonely life, and it was sad to see someone like that, but he's made some friends in his apartment unit and walks to the nearby grocery store every single day to buy milk. We got to see his place and he had a picture of our family on his wall. It was heartwarming to see that he loves us and thinks about us often, even if we don't hear from him much. I'm glad we got to spend some time with him. 



After the Thanksgiving festivities were over I got to spend some time with my favorites in Provo. I spent one eventing with Spencer, that one boy I dated. He is a gem. And then spent the rest of the weekend with Sam and Anne. I seriously love those girls so much. We went to some family fun center and had a blast and then spent the evening with friends in SLC eating and walking Temple Square. I'm thankful for great friends. I sure have been blessed with some of the best of the best…and that is definitely a blessing.  







No comments: