Monday, February 14, 2011

dreams come true.

Disneyland 2011.

Yes, it's true! We just got back from Matix's THIRD trip to the Magic Kingdom! Spoiled? Maybe a little. But in my defense, we have yet to purchase a ticket on any of the trips! Lucky us...right? I decided a few weeks ago that we needed to make a trip to Disneyland/California asap for 3 reasons...

1. Wedding season is slow right now so it is easy for Doug to take off work.
2. It's slow season at Disneyland=smaller lines.
3. Matix turns 3 in May...and then he requires a ticket. 
(4. Doug hasn't seen his family since Christmas)

Really good reasons, right? And then to top it all off, i got offered free three tickets into the park! (Thanks Troy!!)  So it was a done deal. We invited anyone who wanted to come....and we had quite a few takers. The parents. The grandparents. Doug's Mom and sister in law and kiddos. Then we found out that my cousin Jenn and her family would be there the same day as well. It was a Disneyland parrrr-tay. 
We got to California Thursday night and headed to the park on Friday. Un-lucky for us it was Lincoln's Birthday and some students had school off. Who knew? I never remember getting that holiday off from school.  The lines still weren't that bad though. I think we waited 30 min max. Matix did better with lines this year, especially with the distraction of Christian and Sidney, but he struggled with getting off the rides. He loved just about all the rides, but I think his favorites were Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, and Tom Sawyers Island.






Having my grandparents there was a lot of fun. It was a last minute addition, and I'm glad it all worked out. We don't get to spend a lot of time with them so it was fun, especially for Matix to get to know them a little better and vice versa. They don't get out as much as they used to so they really enjoyed the change of scenery. They haven't been to Disneyland since the 80's! I'm glad they could come and keep up. My grandpa even took off in his rascal a few times and we had troubles finding him. Oh, grandpa. 




 Later in the day, my mom watched the kiddos so me and Doug could make our way over to California Adventures, since I've never been. We were super quick so we wouldn't be away too long, so I didn't get to see much. We went on Tower of Terror (which I loved) and Soarin' Over CA. Then we ran (literally) back to Toon Town to catch up with the gang, where Matix was finally tall enough to ride the roller coaster! I'm super sad we missed out on World of Color though. Next time, for SURE.
After the kids got spoiled with toys from grandpa, we ended the night with the firework show. It's a favorite of mine and Matix.
as we were walking out of the park Matix yells...
"Stop making me so tired you Disneyland!!"
It was pretty much the cutest thing I ever did hear. 
Until Next time, Disneyland.

3 comments:

Chels Allred said...

I'm real jealous! I haven't been to disneyland since I was 16. Isn't that pathetic? Matix looks like a pimp on dumbo with his sweet shades.

Megan said...

looks like lots of funn!! i love Disneyland!

TOAD said...

I have never seen a kid so mad he couldnt go on Dumbo two times in a row. But still a good time.