Thursday, February 17, 2011

sushi samba.



Doug surprised me with dinner reservations at Sushi Samba for Valentines Day! He didn't get off work until about 8:30, so I really wasn't expecting to do much. He texted me earlier in the day that he got us reservations for 9:15! I'd never been there before, and boy was I in for a treat. I thought it was just an overpriced sushi joint (since it was in the Palazzo), but it's different.  It's a Japanese/Peruvian/Brazilian restaurant with a menu that  might as well have been in French. I had no idea what to order. But with a little help from the waiter, I was beyond pleased with the result. Who knew that seabass and miso & lobster/mango roll could be so good? Not I. However, it is a little pricey. Undoubtedly. When I asked Doug what he was going to get he literally listed off three things that totaled about $80...FOR HIMSELF. I put my foot down immediately. He responded with, "...but it's a special occasion." To which I replied, "Special occasion=$40 meal. $80 meal for yourself is just ridiculous. Get the Churrasco and you'll be fine." He agreed and even took home leftovers. What would he do without me?? I don't even know. :)

1 comment:

Chels Allred said...

it looks delicious....now im craving sushi. not sure about sea bass though...eek!