Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Matix is Three: Birthday Party Edition

Of course we had to throw a little party to celebrate Matix's third year of life. 
And when I say a "little" party....I actually mean a big huge birthday bash
Go big or go home...right?
We sent out about 35 invitiations....don't judge me....Matix has a lot of friends :)
(We have his nursery friends, his cousins (all 13 of them), my friends' kids, my married friends with no kids that love him, my single friends who love him....there's just an abundance of people who love this kid, I tell ya. It's kind of ridiculous)


It was a dinosaur themed party, obviously. And it was so much fun!
We had it in our new garage, and it was perfect. 
The kids could run, jump, play, and we even set up the bounce house.


The first activity I had planned was a "Dinosaur Dig" 
I had bought a dinosaur fossil dig set at Toys 'R Us ahead of time, and Me and Matix dug the fossils out a couple of days before the party. I also got him a little sandbox and sand as a birthday present. He loved it and did not want to come inside after I gave it to him  This kid loves to play in the sand :)



The kids went on a little adventure and had to find the fossils and dinosaur eggs that were buried in the sand. After we got them all out, I helped them put together a real dinosaur. They thought it was soooooo cool... and everyone wanted a turn holding it. 














Next we did a "Dinosaur Dance" to the Ice Age 3 movie theme song..."Walk the Dinosaur" (Its a really cute and fun dance song....Matix's favorite.) I successfully made all the kids dinosaur tails. Yes, I made them all. 12 to be exact. And they turned out sooo cute and super fun. I found the tutorial here. 





Even the adults had fun with them...




Then it was time for snacks and cake. 
We had Dilophosaurus Drink, Dinosaur Nuggets, Chebsaurus Chips, Dynamosaurus Dip....etc....
 Until it was time for cake...
For weeks I have been asking Matix what he wanted for his birthday. He would always reply that he wanted a cake. Actually he wanted three cakes. A dinosaur cake. A train cake. And a bus cake. Now, if he were spoiled, he I would have made him all three, but since he is not....I settled for one dinosaur cake! haha (Doug helped...we did pretty good for our first time)






Then we opened presents...











Thanks for coming guys. We had a blast.
And Happy Birthday Matix!!
We love you so much. 

2 comments:

.Chrissy said...

You did an amazing job on the cake!

Kelli said...

I can't believe Matix is 3! Crazy. His party was awesome. . . I'm sad Dylan missed it. Maybe you can help me with Dylan's next party?